the oblivious

Venanzio was filled with mischief ever since he was a kid. He would never stay put at one place and ran around the house all the time, wearing his mother out. Their house was always filled with the sound of his laughter which his mother adored the most in the world, only rivaled with his sorriso di rettangolo.

Most of the time it was just the two of them. The only times Venanzio could see his father was when he stayed awake past his bedtime and would sneak near the top of the stairs to catch a glimpse of him returning from work. There were many days when he had to wait till daybreak for him to return and sometimes he wouldn't be home for weeks.

He longed to spend time with his father, even if it was for a few minutes. He wanted to go out and play catch with him and do other things that his friends do with their fathers, but it never happened. Unable to see her son gloomy and without energy, 'no matter how cute he looked with that little pout', she consoled him saying that his father was always busy because he works hard for his family, so that they can live a comfortable life; That he was doing this for them and him being upset like this would worry him. This cheered Venanzio up and his eyes sparkled with a whole new admiration for his father.

On the morning of his tenth birthday, his mother didn't come to wake him up like she usually does, instead came his father. He couldn't believe his eyes. He thought he was still dreaming until his father demanded him to 'get ready quickly cause today he is taking him to his workplace'. Disappointed that he didn't even wish him 'Happy Birthday', Venanzio did as he was told. He thought that maybe his parents have a surprise planned and that's why everyone has been acting strange around him.

"Surprise", it most definitely was, because when Venanzio went inside his father's workplace he realized that everything his mother told about him was a lie. It was a lie that he was busy working so hard for them, because whatever reason his father was doing this work, it most definitely wasn't for them. It didn't take long for Venanzio to figure out that a mafia leader doesn't give a damn about his family. He was introduced by his "Mafia Boss father" as the latest addition to their gang starting today, receiving loud cheers and applause from the members in response.

Everything seemed surreal, he couldn't comprehend what was happening to him. Everything he knew about his father was nothing but a figment of his mother's imagination. He couldn't wait to go home and confront her about these lies.

His father went on to introduce him to the members and tell him about all the activities they were involved in and how they are one of the most notorious mafia in Genoa. Venanzio could feel his stomach churn with disgust hearing his father talk so highly of his 'achievements'.

When he was allowed to go home, he was thinking that his day couldn't get any worse. The moment he barged into his mother's room, he wanted to take back his previous statement and wanted this day to be nothing but a nightmare. There lay in a tub full of water, the lifeless body of his mother. She had taken her own life leaving him all alone in this world with a pathetic excuse of a father. Venanzio felt his whole world crumbling down to his feet.

He hated his mother for doing this to him and he channeled those emotions into his training which led him to become the sharpest shooter for his age, being on par with the most experienced members of the gang. By the time he was fifteen, he already had thirty men working under his command and was carrying out some of the most important operations of the mafia.

Three years later, he planned a coup d'etat and overthrew his father, taking the position as their new Boss. He is the most feared man in all of Italy; the ruthless monster, who killed his own father and other prominent members of his gang, and now runs the most notorious mafia in the country.

He was given the names; '3-second-kill', as it took him exactly three moves to lure people into his traps, and '1 day to hell' 'cause any one he marks as his target would be dead in the next twenty four hours. So not a single person dared to defy this man, most of their enemy gangs were either killed or made to work under him.

Though he had men working for him, Venanzio carried out certain operations personally, especially if it involved high profile targets. One such case made him travel to Greece which would put his reputation as the 'cold blooded killer' at risk.

 One such case made him travel to Greece which would put his reputation as the 'cold blooded killer' at risk

TAEHYUNG AS VENANZIO

A/N: sorriso di rettangolo means rectangular smile