the excellence

Being the youngest child of the family, one is prone to attention from the moment they are born. The same was the case for Jacques; the only difference being the reasons he got said attention.

Though it started off because of how adorable he was as a baby, as he grew up, people started taking note of how he used to do things exceptionally well, compared to the kids of his age. Like how King Midas' touch turned everything into gold, everything Jacques did earned him gold. Be it sports, academics, arts, singing, dancing, no one could beat him to the first position. Hence came the name 'The Golden Child'.

Needless to say that the kind of school life "the golden child" lived was everything you must be thinking of right now. The most popular guy whom students and teachers, alike, revered, the guy all the girls swooned over, the one who brought glory to the name of their school by winning various competitions, awardee of multiple 'student of the year', so on and so forth. The more he achieved, the more people raised their expectations from him, more so his parents. They always knew what's best for their child and one of those things was him becoming an engineer.

Naturally, he was preparing to join 'École Polytechnique', the most prestigious and selective, elite higher education institutions in France. So he spent the two years after high school in classes préparatoires. His intensive preparation proved to be fruitful when he was admitted into the diplôme d'ingénieur program.

His parents threw a banquet to celebrate their son's achievement, which went on for three days. Getting into the 'The Polytechnicien Engineer Program' was something only the students with academic excellence, something only the elitest of the elite could do. His friends and family from all parts of France came to Annecy especially to congratulate him, as soon he would be leaving and they wouldn't be able to see him for a few years, if only they knew.

According to the curriculum of his college, he had to spend eight months serving his country in the military in his first year. He chose the Air Force division of the french military, against his mother's wishes; she wanted her son to choose 'civilian service' instead. But Jacques had set his mind and was not going to change it. He underwent two months of training in 'Saint-Cyr', a French Officer school and was given a five month assignment in the Armée de l'Air et de l'Espace, the French Air and Space Force.

He joined as an 'élève officer'; Officer Cadet and was promoted to an Aspirant during his fourth month of service due to his excellent performance. After being discharged from the military, he finally resumed his life as a student, and by the time he finished his first year, Jacques was again the most popular guy in his batch, which didn't sit well with his batchmates this time. He honestly couldn't get himself to care about what they think about him. All he wanted was to graduate with honours and them not having a good impression wasn't going to do him any harm.

Sports was a large part of his life, as he was required to do at least six hours of it, a week. His days usually consisted of him studying, playing, sleeping and attending lectures. So when he finally got a break during his second year, he decided to spend that time doing something that he enjoys.

A few months before his break started, he got to know that 'The University of Tokyo' was planning an expedition and students from various prestigious educational institutions around the world were eligible to apply, fortunately, his college passed that criteria and Jacques applied in hopes of getting selected. Everyday, he used to open his mail wishing to see his acceptance letter.

His wish finally came true on the last day of college before break and he set out to Greece, the very next day, though his parents wanted him to come home. He shortly realized that 'it' wasn't the only wish which came true.

JUNGKOOK AS JACQUES

JUNGKOOK AS JACQUES