ROOMMATES

After Chiron left, there was a looming silence in the hallway.

"So", Jean cleared his throat, "why don't we freshen up and meet in the common room in, say thirty minutes?"

"Sure" everyone agreed to his suggestion and split in two to go to their respective rooms; alpha and beta towards left, gamma and delta towards right.

Sometimes, we just look at someone and they already make an impression on us before they even speak. Same was the case for Huberto; he was intrigued by the person walking beside him the moment he saw him leading the expedition in Parthenon. That was the reason he followed along their group listening to him elucidate about the monument. He never thought that fate would end up bringing them into this strange, new world together.

"Hey Namikazu, you were very good at explaining back in the Parthenon not to mention how amazing you were in leading those students."

"Oh, thank you Huberto. It's what I do for a living so I have to be good at it" Namikazu replied solemnly.

Huberto bursted out laughing at his reply.

Namkizu looked perplexed, he didn't understand why Huberto was laughing- all he did was just state a fact

Namkizu looked perplexed, he didn't understand why Huberto was laughing- all he did was just state a fact. "Did I say something funny?"

"No, no. It's just me. I laugh a lot, you see." They were complete opposites when it came to their personalities and he could see that, but Huberto could vouch that they have much more in common than what it seems at first glance.

"Oh, alright then."

"Yeah," Huberto smiled.

"Also Huberto, about what you said earlier,"

"Hm?"

"About how you are ready to sacrifice yourself for the wellness of others,"

"Yes?" Huberto asked curiously.

"The way you said it was incredible. Having a mentality like that at such a young age is confounding."

Huberto blushed at his sudden compliment, "it really is nothing man, I'm sure you would have said the same thing if you were in my place."