FIRST MEETING

Being the first to arrive, you looked around, taking in your surroundings. Seated at a round table which was placed at the center of the room, you had a full view of the whole room, which was dark except for the chandelier hanging above which made the marble table glow. Apart from the table, the only furniture it had was a board which was covered by a velvet cloth, so you assumed it to be a meeting room. The other seven seats were empty and you were wondering about the arrival of the others when a cloud of white smoke covered the seat next to you and a boy appeared.

With raven hair and matching eyes, he looked around the same way you did minutes ago before his eyes landed on you. It took a few seconds for him to register your presence, and when he did, his eyes disappeared to form one of the cutest eye smiles you've seen, rivaling those of your best friend's.

Aweing internally, you introduced yourself, "Hey, my name is Y/N, nice to meet you".

'My name is Jim, it's nice to meet you too', he signed slowly for you to understand, with a tinge of sorrow in his eyes, though his expression never faltered.

'Hey I speak BSL too. Learned a while ago, I guess it finally paid off,', you stated with a smile. One of the good things you did with your time was learn sign language, considering that you spent most of the time lazing around and procrastinating - it was one of the few things you were proud of you.

His smile brightened, 'I am so grateful, I thought no one here would know BSL since Iris said that we all come from different countries. Thank you so much, and I am mute so you don't have to speak in signs if you don't want to, I can hear you well'

"Bruh, seriously?", you deadpanned "it's nothing to be grateful about," you laughingly waved it off. You were starting to like him, something about him felt familiar to you, like you have known each other for sometime but you credited this feeling to his amiable personality.

Jim was delighted to have someone who understands him in this strange, new world. Although Iris assured him about everyone being benevolent, he was still on edge, but to have you by his side was reassuring.

'Look, more people are arriving', he pointed to you.

One by one the seats started to fill with the appearance of white fog. Everyone else arrived pretty much at the same time and the seat on the left of you was the last to be filled but when it did, you received the shock of your life, more than when Iris revealed your true identity.

"Seems like we meet again sweetheart. Good to know you're not dead yet", he winked at you.

It was the face you could never forget in your lifetime

It was the face you could never forget in your lifetime. The same damned smirk adorned his face, like the last time you saw him and his piercing green eyes lingered on you for sometime before landing on Jim beside you.

"Cazzo", he muttered under his breath, "he is here, too".

Not knowing what made him flustered, you followed his gaze to see Jim looking petrified.