SUPER SAIYAN

A fortnight passed since you came here and your routine had been the same everyday; waking up, training, attending lectures, meditating, studying, hanging out with others and going back to sleep.

The training was as hard as the first day, owing to the fact that Chiron increases its intensity every time you get adapted to it, taking you back to square one– basically you sucked and an annoying brat has not stopped rubbing it in your face.

But today's schedule was a bit different; Chiron cancelled the afternoon lectures leaving you free for a couple of hours until the meditation session.

Usually you would spend your free time with Jim but ever since he joined Jean's swimming club along with Jacques, you haven't had much opportunity to hang out with him. Contrary to someone's belief instead of being jealous, you were extremely happy to see him open up to others and make new friends. They treated him well and he seemed to really enjoy their company giving you no reason to be worried about him.

Now that the trio went swimming again, you decided to do some fossil digging yourself, "Hey Augustus, whatcha doin?" you said entering his room.

Standing near the window, he turned around. With the afternoon sunlight gently caressing his face which adorned a serene expression, he looked like a completely different person. 'Damn, there really are moments when he looks good too!'

"Building a roller coaster in the backyard, Isabella," he replied, 'and just like that, the moment is gone.'

"I hate that I find it funny" you said while sitting down on Jean's bed.

"You have issues," he scowled as he walked up to his own bed.

"Let's not go around stating the obvious now, shall we?" you shrugged, "now going back to the reason I came here– would you like to join me for an afternoon run?" you looked at him soberly.

"The door is wide open," he said, pointing to your left, "why don't you make use of it and just leave?"

"Would expect nothing less from you, you fossil," you chuckled, satisfied with his reaction.

"Look, I said I want to be a rock, not a fossil," he clarified.

"But fossils are cooler!" you exclaimed.

"Exactly my point. They are valuable so people would be interested in them but all I want is a peaceful life where no one would even want to spare a glance at me,"

"That's rich coming from a celebrity," you retorted.

"It's because I am one," Though it was almost a whisper but you heard him clearly, since it was eerily quiet in there. But before you got the chance to reply, he continued, "so why are you really here?"

"I actually came by to ask if you would like to join us in the library incase you are not doing anything else,"

"If I am going to sleep then I would rather it be on my bed," he deadpanned, "also, I am hanging out with Venanzio later, so I am not free either way,"

You were extremely grateful that Jean and Augustus accepted Venanzio when everyone else was avoiding him like the plague. Though you try to spend as much time as possible with him, you could only do so much with Jim around. Seeing him all alone when others were in groups bothered you. So you were happy when the two of them extended their hands and included him in their circle, "thanks Gus,"

"You know you don't have to thank me for befriending Venanzio," he said, looking straight into your eyes.

"Damn Augustus, you are highly perceptive," you said half impressed and half embarrassed that he figured it out.