Other Girls

Gone? For a YEAR!?

How could Lanfeng stand for this! He couldn't even handle being away from Ling Lan for three days. How could he handle a year?

"Do you have to go?" He couldn't understand why she had to go away for so long.

"My mother just gave me an unexpected mission. it's too complicated for me to come back in any short period of time." Ling Lan looked away when she said this. She really had no say in this matter. It's not like she could fix her body and become a girl in a single day. It's going to take some time. Including the fact that she doesn't have Little Four with her since he's in the process of evolving. Seven months is the least amount of time she can offer for this.

"Can't you take someone with you? It's better to have some assistance on this type of mission. " Li Lanfeng was panicking inside. How could he let Ling Lan go alone? One year is enough time for some girl to try and take his position as Ling Lan's queen!

"NO!" Ling Lan had yet to find a way to break the news to her comrades that she was a woman. The thought of having someone along side her was too troubling to even think of.

"Not even Han Xuya or Lou Chou can come. This is a Ling family matter that my mother wants me to do alone." That is to say her 'fiances' were too busy helping her mother plan this to come. She also felt that this matter was a bit too personal for her to want anyone to join her at all.

Li Lanfeng was desperate. Was there really no way? He didn't want Ling Lan to cheat on him...er... well they aren't together yet. But that doesn't mean he wants to let anyone gain an advantage over him!

He had yet to make Ling Lan his. No matter how much time he spends with her or how much he seduces her, he still hasn't gotten through to this cold ice block of a man named Ling Lan.

Not to say that he hasn't made any progress at all with Ling Lan. He has finally got Ling Lan used to his presence being in her personal space. But he can't seem to get any emotion out of her. Now this is purely just him being unable to see through Ling Lan's facade. As a beauty lover how could Ling Lan resist completely? But it just made her more restrained when it comes to him. He doesn't know her struggles of having to try and not 'take advantage' of him when he's being so clingy.

Li Lanfeng sadly doesn't know that if he pushed a little more during his attempts on Ling Lan that he would completely break her self control. He was currently too busy trying to make Ling Lan stay.

"What about sending another member of the Ling family." Li Lanfeng took a chair and sat down beside Ling Lan with an aggrieved expression.

"It can only be close relatives and since the Ling family split up we have been trying to keep as much of a distance from them as possible. It's not a job that can be handed to our loyalists either." It's not something that anyone else but her can do.

"But what about the affairs in the lawless lands? I- they only trust you to lead them now." Li Lanfeng's having a hard time not making this personal.

"I can leave that to Qi Long and the others. If they needed anything they can go to Han Jijun or you. I trust you enough to make decisions in my stead." Ling Lan believes that they can handle themselves and not tear apart the lawless lands while she's away... she hopes.

There was no convincing Ling Lan once the decision was made and Li Lanfeng knew this, but he couldn't stop himself asking one question.

"What if I asked you to stay?" He stared straight into Ling Lan's obsidian gaze, hoping for the words he knew would never escape from her lips.

Ling Lan quirked an eyebrow as she looked at him. Seeing such a serious gaze from Li Lanfeng's god-like face, she was surprised. But within the next second that suprise turned into devilish mischief.

She placed her jade-like fore finger underneath his chin and tilted his head towards her. With a smirk she asked, "You won't miss me too much will you, my leopard?"

Li Lanfeng was suprised. He couldn't handle the sudden stimulation from Ling Lan, especially when he heard her call him 'my leopard.' A deep blush quickly engulfed his face. He felt like he was burned from Ling Lan's touch. He was struggling to speak.

He was about to respond when Ling Lan flicked his forehead and chuckled.

"Besides, You're the only one I trust to help me with my matters over here. I can depend on you while I'm away."

Lanfeng was relishing in her touch when the pain awakened him.

"You shouldn't let someone teasing you affect you so much. It would make it easy for anyone to take advantage of you, especially with your face. You know I don't want anything like that to happen to you." Ling Lan held his face with a worried gaze. She still hadn't forgotten about how beautiful his face was. Why was it so hard being a boss?

Li Lanfeng woke up from his stupor and smiled brightly at her. He rested his face in her palm. "Don't worry, Rabbit. Only you can ever do such a thing."

Li Lanfeng's smile was too seductive. Ling Lan just blankly nodded her head. But why did it feel like something was wrong with his statement? Forget it, it wasn't a big deal. Ling Lan abruptly took back her hand. Li Lanfeng almost let his head drop and made a fool of himself if he didn't catch himself in time. It wasn't his fault he was completely entranced by Ling Lan's touch.

Ling Lan stood up from her desk and walked away.

"I'm gonna go and pack. You can take care of any business you have here." She then exited her office.

Li Lanfeng just sat there thinking over everything that just happened. Once he digested everything he let out a sigh and then smirked.

"Ling Lan, my love, you can leave next week, but don't even think about forgetting my presence for the next few days."

Therefore, Li Lanfeng ended up cling to Ling lan for an entire week before her departure.