Where loyalties lie pt 2

His pupils shook. Li Lanfeng immediately loosened his grip on Ling Lan, wanting to set her out of his hands. Wanting to move as far away as possible in the moment. So he did. But that didn't mean she'd let go of him.

Where in this world do he think he was running to?

"Slam!" The bedroom door shut tightly behind him. What ever that was, what ever he just did? Throw it all into the abyss! Nothing was on his own terms. He couldn't predict the outcome of anything!

His mind was filled with a white fuzz. He knew was that he wanted to push what ever that was further. He wanted more. His hands clenched at his chest. He sank deeper into the bed as more thoughts of Ling Lan over ran his mind. His skin burned, begging to be touched by her.

He wanted her to burn him until he was nothing more than ashes. He wanted her to take control of him. To choose him. To love him. He wanted her to own him... Entirely.

But not this way!

Click! His body froze in place. Why did the door lock?

"Mulan..."

The moment he saw her his entire body lost its ability to move. He also lost his will to flee, to resist.

Ling Lan's back hit the door as she sighed. What was she doing? She just came here without a thought. Not even sparing a moment to think of what she was going to do or say.

"Mulan, what were you thinking?-"before she could finish a hand was softly but urgently placed over her lips.

"Please." He said with his head lowered, "Please don't say it." As for when he crossed the difference between them he didn't know. But he didn't want to here the words to come out of her mouth. She was looking to absolutely rip him apart if she said what he thought.

Realizing how he was far too close to her for his liking, despite his own yearning, Li Lanfeng immediately found himself disappearing and reappearing deeper into the bed. His heart couldn't take it and he was already about to burst.

She looked over at him from where she stood. She couldn't reject him the way he was.

Neither did she want to.

Her eyes softened considerably.

Li Lanfeng didn't hear a word from Ling Lan and became scared. Although he didn't know what exactly happened back their he didn't want to take it back.

He couldn't take it back.

He was in a terrible stalemate and refused to see the answer in her eyes.

In the midst of his contemplation he felt the bed dip as a warm hand took in his. A soft and warm feeling tickled his palm that made his head shoot up. He watched as a tender and delicate kiss was placed in the center of his hand.

Then another.

And another.

The feeling of Ling Lan's kiss made him tremble and shudder with warmth. He looked up to see Ling Lan kissing his hand with a soft look in her eyes as she was savoring the feeling. A soft light blush spread across his cheeks.

"Wait- wait, Ling Lan." In a moment of fright he tried to pull his hand away only to be grasped tighter by Ling Lan. Why would she let go when she liked him so much? A swift tug pulled Li Lanfeng back before the same ticklish warmth covered his inner wrist. Ling Lan's eyes opened as her other hand wrapped delicately around his waist and pulled him even closer to her.

Only then did she move his palm away and lean over to kiss him. Her actions were firm, soft, and affectionate without the least bit of hesitation.

With the feeling of her soft lips on his skin his face just dyed an even deeper shade of red.  Li Lanfeng shut his eyes tightly unsure of what to expect. Only to feel soft warm lips on his eyelid. It seems she made it her job to kiss every corner of his face. A soft kiss was placed on his cheek. Trailing down from his ears to his jaw, the little pecks leaving a trail of heat on his face.

He could do nothing in the face of such unexpected tenderness from her. Li Lanfeng sat still as Ling Lan pampered him with kisses. The way her arms wrapped around his waist sent a flurry of heat down his spine without her notice. Li Lanfeng could only hold and grip onto Ling Lan's back tightly.

"Lanfeng, I was going to say I like you. I like you a lot." Her voice softened into a pool of whispers that made his heart palpitate. Endearing with little room for refusal.

Her body leaned and rested against his, chest to chest. Not a sliver of air could pass between the two as the tips of their noses touched. Everything within her said that what they were now was not enough. She looked at his ever-reddening cheeks before resting her head on his shoulder in a tired manner.

"Heck. I don't think like is even enough to describe it."

"Li Lanfeng, tell me now. You're sure you like me too, right?"

Hearing her words Li Lanfeng broke out of his entranced state immediately. He peered over at Ling Lan on his shoulder who rested her gaze on him as well.

A look of displeasure crossed his face that almost caused her soul to drain, "Ling Lan, you still underestimate me." his head hung low, "Love in itself wasn't enough, let alone like.." he was no longer able to hide his inner thoughts and desires from her. Those eyes of his, reminiscent of crystals, opened up and no longer concealed his emotions from her. That gaze held years of pent up frustration and yearning. Ling Lan's reflection was all to clear in them. Suddenly it became exceptionally clear to her.

She was already his world and his center.

"I've made you wait too long." she whispered.

She exhaled when her lips met the side of his mouth. She was in deep trouble.

"You said earlier that you were mine already." She uttered softly."Then I'll hold you to that. From now on you are mine and mine alone."

A silent nod of his head was all she needed. His hands squeezed her sides in desperation. She leaned in and attached her lips to his.

He held tightly onto her waist. Tight and forever tightening, confirming her existence. Confirming that everything that just happened was real and that he no longer had to wait for his Rabbit to love him.