A Dangerous Call

A/n: Edited the piece a bit.

The next day Ling Lan woke up being fully embraced by a beauty.

Yesterday they confided their feelings in each other. Now Ling Lan was feeling rather awkward. Ling Lan scratched the side of her face. She wasn't exactly sure how this changed the dynamic of their relationship or how to proceed. She was sure she was in love with him but this was still her first relationship.

Li Lanfeng woke up long ago only staying still for the sake of sleeping in with his rabbit longer. He looked up at Ling Lan with starry eyes.

Well she couldn't run away now.

Ling Lan was still very unsure of what was going to happen but that didn't stop her from greeting him in the morning, "Good morning, Leopard."

"Guess what?" Li Lanfeng gave her a mysterious look.

Ling Lan raised an eyebrow. What else did he need to say to her? "Hm?"

His head laid on her lap. It was the prettiest most emotional smile that spread across his face, "I have a girlfriend now!"

Ling Lan was impressed with how fluently and fast the words came out of his mouth. This one obviously had no trouble at all. Ling Langave him a standard nod,. That didn't do anything to dim Li Lanfeng's spirits. In fact it made him shine even brighter.

"Ling Lan?" He barely waited for a reply, "I love you." He's been wanting to say it for the longest. He could say if a thousand times over. And so he did.

"I love you. I really really love you, Ling Lan. I really do!" Confessions poured out from him like a fountain.

His feelings finally saw the light of day and they only grew stronger. He couldn't help himself.

Ling Lan thought of him as a broken dam in need of repair. For a few seconds there Ling Lan was overwhelmed.

'What have I gotten myself into!' He was right. Ling Lan had underestimated his feelings for her. Ling Lan held her forehead. This love bombing puppy version of Li Lanfeng was even more difficult to deal with than him on the regular!

"You don't need to say it back-" Li Lanfeng sat up to face her and looked Ling Lan in her eyes, "Just remember that I love you." He could see Ling Lan struggling with the shift. He was more than willing to wait. It was more than enough to know that Ling Lan had feelings for him. Even if they weren't where his were yet that wasn't a problem. He'll make sure to water the seeds of her love well.

'As expected of my Leopard.' He knew where she was at. Ling Lan rewarded him with a slight kiss on his cheek that had him bury his face in her shoulder and giggling like a little girl.

Ling Lan could only sigh mentally at his reactions. Where did his usual composure go? Ling Lan ignored her own quickening heart beat and the way the corners of her lips fought to stay down.

Li Lanfeng spotted the opportunity and took it before backing away. All Ling Lan felt was the softest touch ghost her lips.

Ling Lan looked at his Li Lanfeng's very seductive maiden like expression as his face turned away from her. So he enjoyed these things very much. He was so excited by some thing so small. What if she actually used what Number Four was teaching her on him? Would he die from a blood rush?

A deep, wicked light flashed across Ling Lan's eyes.

Ling Lan stretched an evil claw out to the back of Li Lanfeng's neck. Her actions were interrupted by an coming call through her communicator.

Too bad, she'll have to test her theory out later.

Li Lanfeng slid off the bed.

"I'll be back." He turned around and announced to her when he got to the door. Yet for some reason it took him the longest of time to actually close it. He just kept his eyes fixed on her before actually closing the door.