The Lake

Ling Lan woke up to the sunlight streaming down on her face. Ling Lan was incomparably beautiful. She got the best of her genes from her parents. Sadly, well, luckily, in Ling Lan's case, no one noticed her face. Aside from a rare few who've seen her face everyone else was either too scared by her cold aura to look directly at her or, in her current case, her aura was too unnoticeable for others to pay proper attention to it.

No one could see this beautiful morning scene.

Ling Lan got up ready to go and get breakfast before visiting the lake. She often heard about how beautiful this lake was. No matter what type of mood you were in or what type of person you are, you can't help but feel good staring into its endless beauty.

She decided that she wanted to fully experience it, that includes swimming. Therefore she also needed a bathing suit. Thinking about her experience picking out her bathing suit made her sigh.

She had entered the store looking for something simple and nice to buy. But Number Four wasn't going to let her have an easy time. Number Four was all about seduction and wanted her to buy something that would show off her curves and fair white skin. Most of the time she constantly suggested bikinis and two pieces. Ling Lan rejected all of them.

Even though she got used to being a female, that didn't mean she wanted everyone to see her body. It wasn't that she was self conscious about it, it was just too much attention. She was going to relax. Even Number Nine was on her side with this. It was two against one but number four was persistent. She kept complaining about how the body she worked so hard to perfect would never be seen. The nagging went on until they found something they could compromise on.

Recalling this memory was as tiresome as doing it. Ling Lan got down the elevator and went to the breakfast buffet they had open in the morning. It was good but she would rather Li Lanfeng's cooking. He was the one who took care of all her meals back home.

Thinking of the fact that he was here but she couldn't ask him for anything was torture. She would rather forget he was here at all at this point. She was crying on the inside.

Speak of the devil.

Said person had just come down from his room. Their gazes coincidentally collided with each other. They greeted each other with a smile and a nod. Before turning to do their own business.

Li Lanfeng was looking at something that showed up on the screen on his communicator. He had gotten a simple breakfast from the buffet and sat down at a table in the corner.

Ling lan didn't go to bother him and sat somewhere else to eat. Since he was busy she doesn't need to disturb him. After finishing her breakfast she left for her room to prepare to head for the lake.

Because she left a minute early she didn't see the same young miss from last night go to bother her friend.

Ling Lan planned to spend the day at the lake since she had nothing better to do. It was only ten in the morning and it was the end of the week. She had no reason to rush.

She went to the learning space to check on Little Four's and Little Blossom's condition before coming back out. She spent an hour meditating and feeding more spiritual power to her mind space hoping to hasten up the process. After two years it was way better than before, especially since the update. But she still needed more spiritual power to supply Little Blossom and Little Four was still evolving.

She's waiting for them to wake up so that she can give them a big beating...um we can forget about her thoughts for now. We all know how much she loves them.

It was pass eleven and was a good time to head out. Ling Lan streached before gathering everything and heading out.

The lake was in the back of the inn surrounded by mountains. It was one of the few naturally preserved places on the planet. In order to keep place natural charm the government put high importance on preserving the place. They placed high importance on places like this for revenue. Their were no buildings in the surrounding aside from a few watch towers in the distance, and those could barely be seen. Aside from a few trails to help tourists get to the lake there were no roads or development in the area.

You could tell how much work they placed on keeping the environment clean.

It usually took three hours for any normal person to get their with a guide and four without. But Ling Lan wasn't a normal person. With Ling Lan's abilities, after memorizing the road to the place, it took thirty minutes to get there.

Now Ling Lan stood in front of a turquoise lake over one hundred acres in size surrounded by beautiful flowering trees and tall mountains. The water was as clear as glass and the color got deeper the farther you went into the lake.Even if people were unable to see the bottom that never made them shy away from it.

The water kept pouring down from the mountain in small cerulean waterfalls as gorgeous streams of light passed through the water. The water had a few small species of fish in it, in all gorgeous and vibrant colors imaginable.

There were a few small islands floating in the middle of the lake but they did nothing to ruin the beauty of the lake. A few flowers and petals fell into the water but that made it even more attractive.

Ling Lan could feel her eyes widen at the sight. It truly was too beautiful. It's exactly what someone would call paradise. Even if people didn't come for the myth, the lake itself was reason enough to visit.