Friendly Advice

Suddenly too much off her thoughts about him became clear. What best friend? What confidant? She wanted all that and more. She didn't want to live without him by her side.

She liked him. She liked him a lot.

Ling Lan tried to calm herself down before anything became noticeable, but Li Lanfeng still felt the temperature in the room drop by a degree.

Li Lanfeng's heart was panic stricken. Did his words upset her? Was everything okay? He knew it! He shouldn't have lost himself on impulse.

Ling Lan looked back at her Leopard.

The more she looked at him the more wrong she realized she was. Like? Such a shallow word wasn't nearly enough to cover the base of it. She fell in love without even knowing it herself. And what made it so much worse was who it was.

'How, of all people, did I end up catching feelings for this love-crazy bastard?'

Ling Lan calmly got out of his arms before getting off the sofa and heading for their shared room. Li Lanfeng looked at Ling Lan's back with a worried expression. But Ling Lan was in no mood to sooth his worries. The bedroom door closed behind her before she crashed on the bed.

The pounding of her heart was too loud for her to handle. Ling Lan didn't know how to deal with her newfound feelings. This was her first time being in love in both her lives.

It was undeniable. Ling Lan held an uncertain look in her eyes. One that flashed between tenderness and confusion, but overall exhaustion.

He already liked someone else. Someone he found irreplaceable. How could she rip that to him? Ling Lan held her head. Her temples throbbed.

"Boss? Why do you look so tired?" A familiar yet sleepy voice rang through her head.

"Little Four?" Ling Lan immediately rushed into her mind space. She stood there greeted by Little Four standing there looking back at her stunned. She immediately hugged him on sight, "Welcome back!" giving him a lovely smile. She really missed him. Little four felt his core chip heating up. A blush enveloped his slightly developed face as he started getting a little dizzy from that smile. Soon a spatial tear formed behind him before a hand jutted out and grabbed his head, pulling him out of Ling Lan's arms and inside before closing up. Ling Lan couldn't get a grip on what just happened before another tear appeared before her and spat Little Four out on his butt.

"Are you okay?" Ling Lan questioned her little brother. He shook his head before smiling brightly at Ling Lan.

"I'm fine, Boss! I'm done evolving." He could finally come back and reclaim his position as Ling Lan's number one follower! Hopefully, no one got ahead of him when he was away. Before he could think of anything else he noticed that there was something different about Ling Lan... Actually, there was ALOT different.

"Boss? When did you become a girl?" He said this in a dazed voice. What happened when he was gone!? Agghh! He missed something big!

Ling Lan got annoyed and flicked his forehead, bringing a sharp stinging pain.

"Whoo-" Little Four held his forehead with little tears in his eyes, "Boss, I thought you agreed on no more domestic violence~"

"I might just take back my word." Ling Lan rolled her eyes, "And I've always been a girl." Ling Lan had zero pity for her little brother.

Little Four didn't want to continue receiving any abuse and switched the topic, "What were you mumbling about?" He heard her mumbling the moment he woke up and was confused. When Ling Lan heard his question she audibly groaned remember her previous, and still current, situation. Her eyes were lost in a mix of confusion and restraint. Little four waited patiently though puzzled as he waited on his boss's explanation. It took her a moment to gather her thoughts. When Little Four heard her words and immediately panicked.

"Is he gonna replace me in the number one spot!? Boss, you can't do this. Do you not want me anymore?" Little Four put on a distraught face. Was Li Lanfeng was the only one in her heart? He couldn't bear it! Big fat tears started to roll down the side of his cheeks.

Ling Lan was speechless. They were in two completely different parts of her heart. How could it be like this? Ling Lan had to spend some effort to console him! She held him in a tight embrace with some sweet words before he was willing to calm down.

After being appeased by Ling Lan's words his tears stopped like a faucet. He was happy as long as he wasn't being replaced. Now that he heard what he wanted he was confused once again. He didn't see the problem. Ling Lan explained to him that Li Lanfeng already had someone he liked. But Little Four was still unsure.

"So?"

Ling Lan let out a depressed sigh, " He's in love with someone else. I can't ruin that." Who knows how hard it is for a weirdo like Li Lanfeng to fall in love.

"I don't get it. If he's not in a relationship yet then he's still up for grabs." Little Four took out a lollipop and childishly stuck it in his mouth after saying that so casually. If his boss wanted a man what was the problem? He could find a lot of men to be with Ling Lan.

Gasp! Maybe he could make a whole harem for his Boss!

Ling Lan who shared a mind with Little Four smacked him on his head. Did she look like the type to take care of multiple men?

On the other hand, what he said hit Ling Lan. He was right, Li Lanfeng wasn't in a relationship with that person and they were obviously too dense to figure it out. He may be deeply in love with them but why couldn't she try? Li Lanfeng may be stubborn to hold onto his love but she could be just as stubborn when she wanted to.

Little Four, who was rubbing his smacked head, peeked up at Ling Lan. He giggled as he watched Ling Lan contemplate everything, "Wow, boss. When did this start happening?"

"What do you mean?" Ling Lan raised a brow, ushering him to continue.

"Boss, you never question yourself. You always just go and take what you want." Little Four was surprised, and kind of amused. Ling Lan questioning herself for something she wanted? Very, very unusual. It was like a new case study for him to explore.

Ling Lan slapped her forehead, 'Of course!' When had she ever stumbled over deciding what she wanted? She took what she liked and did what she liked without a second thought. Ling Lan felt stupid. She was already 'married' to him and had an advantage over the other. And she still had six weeks left while she was living with him. Why not make the most of it?

"If he doesn't like you back, can I take care of him?"  Little Four had an evil look on his face. Not only did he want to take out a 'rival' for Ling Lan's favor, he hadn't completely let go of giving Boss a harem.

Ling Lan completely ignored this just this once, "Thank you, Little Four." She gave him a big kiss on the cheek before rushing out of her mind space, leaving Little Four in a daze. She wants something, why did she have to hesitate? She wanted her Leopard to be hers and hers alone.

'Sorry, Leopard. You're gonna have to forget about your unrequited love. Since you've taken my love, you can be mine and only mine. Anyone else does not matter, only you and me."

Since she's decided, there's no other option.