It's me

Ling Lan and Li Lanfeng found their way to the apartment build and took a silent ride up the elevator. Upon entering the apartment she didn't speak but led him deeper into the place. Ling Lan walked into the bedroom, her sights set on the person who entered the door after her.

The first thing she had to do was to let him know who she was. This wasn't an impulsive decision she was making, but a well thought over one she had to make.

She couldn't continue to keep her secret. Their relationship was bound to turn awkward if she did. She knew if it didn't happen now then it would be too late.

She could never allow such a thing to happen to her. She didn't want to be at odds with him any longer and neither did he.

Neither could she let him continue to wallow in frustration.

It was so nerve-racking to be sharing the one secret she's been keeping since birth.

She saw the tension in his body. She inhaled deeply, reinforcing her nerves with steel. She sat on the bed and sighed.

"Leopard, why are you more troublesome than all my little brothers and sisters combined?"

Li Lanfeng stood in silence as he looked at the person across from him, calling his nickname so casually.

Seeing his motionless figure, Ling Lan took a more direct approach, "Leopard, it's me." her cold aura started to spread out endlessly in the room.

Li Lanfeng stayed silent for a moment before opening his mouth.

"...Ling...Lan?" he called out with uncertainty.

"Hmm." she answered, confirming his thoughts.

Li Lanfeng stood there in a stupor. Ling Lan let loose another sigh and walked up to him, "Lanfeng, did you turn dumb during this time?" she said, leaving him speechless.

...

"You're a girl!"

"Yes, I'm a girl! I've been saying that for the last half an hour!"

Okay, she knew it was a shocker but why did he have to say it so many times. Was being a girl a crime now?

Li Lanfeng leaned his back on the door and slid down to the floor. His knees gave out under the weight his body could no longer handle.

"And this couldn't come earlier?" If he had known he wouldn't have confused himself for so long.

Ling Lan was back on the bed as of now, "I wish I could," This was the truth, "But the issues regarding my gender were too complicated. I couldn't find the right time to bring it up."

Li Lanfeng could tell how heavy the matter was from her voice. They took a pause.

"Why are you choosing to tell this to me now?"

"...I had no choice. if I waited any longer your mental state would be a mess...and possibly our relationship." seeing how she was willing to share her secret for his sake made Li Lanfeng happy, happy that she cared so much about him. A warm feeling spread out of his chest.

"Though it's still surprising. It seemed like your subconscious mind knew or had some inkling, but you just couldn't piece it together, not that I made it easy. I wasn't planning on telling anyone until I went back." Ling Lan mumbled under her breath.

Hearing her murmur, he smiled wearily. How could his thoughts not be complicated? Ling Lan was his world, his core. If someone found a person so similar to the person at the center of their life how would anyone react!

Though now cold sweat silently engulfed his back. Crisis averted by the skin of his teeth. If she didn't tell him didn't that mean he would have been kept in the dark and almost divorced Ling Lan. What if he left a bad impression on Ling Lan as a marriage partner? He was trying to ostracize her from his life! Wouldn't his chances of being with her be even lower!?