Were loyalties lie

Ling Lan's conversation with Little Four only lasted a few seconds in the real world. After a little contemplation in the real world she appeared back beside her Leopard. The way she looked at him was now somewhat different. And the look immediately caught Li Lanfeng's attention.

He leaned  over in return and hugged Ling Lan's waist lightly. Just enough to be resting on her.

"Lanfeng..." the way she called his name was so tender. Enough to make him melt. Did she finally catch on to his affections for her? Li Lanfeng's heart beat furiously.

"You never told me who you liked. Are you willing to tell me, now?"

His expression nearly broke for a moment. Luckily he was able to control himself, but that didn't stop him from slowly dying inside. The person themself was not real. He it was wishful thinking to think that Ling Lan caught on to him. That previous conversation meant nothing.

Li Lanfeng shook his head with a slightly despondent and melancholic smile. It really made his strings go taut. How could he say it to someone who didn't seem to have a wink of interest in him yet?

Ling Lan was only testing how much she could get out of him. She could see his heart twisting and turning for that person. Seeing him stuck on someone may not return his feelings really wasn't a good feeling.

"My leopard is truly invested." Ling Lan could feel the envy within her. "Too bad that type of loyalty doesn't belong to me." She said rather jokingly, but that didn't stop the hints of spite from seeping into her heart.

How much effort did he put into the other party just for it all to go unnoticed for so long? Thinking about it made her a little angry and irritated. She wanted him to freely love who he loved, which was especially hard for someone like Li Lanfeng. It was important to her that he was happy. But she wanted him to be happy with her and no one else.

She may have to work hard in the future.

Since Ling Lan decided that she loved him she refused to be a sitting duck. She wanted him to know now.

On the other hand Li Lanfeng's mind was in chaos over that one phrase.

'Too bad? Who else was it meant for then?'

Strings continuously snapped, one after the other, leaving very few left. But her next sentence snipped the final cord.

"Well it doesn't matter anymore. Not when-"

"But it does." An irritated look crossed his face.

Ling Lan paused for a second, "What did you say?"

"It does matter. I've always belonged to you." Pure, untamed frustration coursed through his veins as his spiritual power hummed dangerously, unseen beneath his skin.

The outside world had long disappeared. The only thing he could think, see, or feel was Ling Lan. The same Ling Lan who was about to slip away. His arms tightened their hold on her waist. Ling Lan could feel it, how every bit of him was silently exploding beneath his skin.

"It's always been that way and it always will. Since when was their a second option for me, Ling Lan?" Just as he finished his words he felt weightless. That burdened had been lifted of his shoulders. An almost impossible type of relief came over him and his words got bolder.

"You realize that I'm in love with you. Haven't I made it obvious enough?"His eyes had an obsessive look in them. Ling Lan's reflection was far too clear in them. He leaned in closer to her as he pressed his face into her neck seamlessly. His possessive hold on Ling Lan became so much worse as he held her down against the sofa.

Ling Lan could feel his breath at the base of her neck when he spoke, "Ling Lan, you're really too much." His eyes darkened considerably. In a moment impulsiveness his lips were on Ling Lan's neck. A short-lived gasp escaped her lips when he suckled along the column of her throat. Ling Lan instinctively lowered her defense as to not hurt him. But it made it even more impossible to ignore the wet heat, as well as the pleasurable sense of pain and rush that came with it. Unsaid words were printed and pressed deep into her where his tongue met her skin.

A few seconds later he leaned back looking very satisfied with his work. But a second later his irrationality slipped away when he realized what he had done. All the color drained from his face as that weight came back twice as heavy.

Ling Lan's fingers slightly grazed that beautiful blossom of red on her neck. The slight sting confirming what had happened just now was real.

He wanted her to feel something from his words, to see something in her eyes. For her to at least know something. But the moment he looked at her eyes he could see the confusion slowly bloom into understanding.

It was never the secret that weighed in peoples heart but the response of others. He could feel his heart being squeezed. The willfulness he had just displayed crashed down when he realized that he was going to get an answer.

And he didn't know if it was the one he wanted.

He shouldn't have said a thing.