Sam Wilson

Spoilers!!!

Mentions of miscarriage

I knew it was stupid and that I could of simply asked for it, but I couldn't help myself. I silently snuck into Sam's room and saw him fast asleep. He had his cover loosely draped over him and was fast asleep.

"He is so fucking cute." I whispered before I snuck to his closet.

I gently opened the door and smiled as I saw my prize. It was his brown leather jacket and it was hung up. I looked back at Sam and saw that he was still fast asleep.

I quickly grabbed the jacket and draped it over my arms.

I quietly snuck out of his room and made my way to my room. I crawled under my covers and quickly fell asleep to the smell of Sam.

Next morning

I woke up alone and let out a groan. I hid my face in my pillow and pulled the cover over my body.

"Good morning!" A voice yelled.

"Fuck off Sarah." I groaned out.

"Is that Sam's jacket?" She asked with a laugh.

"I was cold and it was on the couch." I mumbled under my breath.

"Really cause I could of sworn I put that in his closet." She said as I looked up at her.

"Snitches end up in ditches." I said sternly.

"Sam! I found your jacket!" Sarah yelled as she rushed out of the room.

"You traitor!" I yelled as I chased her out of my room.

I ran out and let out a sigh of relief as I saw that Sam wasn't home.

"You scared me for nothing. Jerk." I said as I pulled the jacket closer.

"What is with you and that jacket?" Sarah asked as she handed me a cup of (morning drink).

"It smells like him." I mumbled.

"What was that?"

"It smells like Sam." I said quickly.

She let out a laugh and shook her head.

"You and him really need to stop being so childish and admit you miss each other."

"I'd rather die." I said sternly.

"You guys have been together for ten years! Come on you can't stay mad at each other because of a mistake." She said as she set down.

"It's because he abandoned me.... he left and went into hiding with Steve.... he left me." I said as I plopped down in my chair.

"Sam was doing what he thought was right."

"Yea and it cost me more than it cost him. Do you know the stress that I was under? Do you how I would look at the news and worry about if he would be coming home to me?" I asked softly.

"(Y/n)-"

"Did you know I was pregnant before he left?" I asked softly.

Her eyes went wide and I let out a sigh.

"I ended up losing the baby and he wasn't there for me. I was alone and have been since he out on those wings... yes I miss him but I don't think he misses me." I said as I turned and went into my room.

I let out a sigh as I packed. I slipped the jacket off and toyed to the sleeves. I folded it up and left to return it to Sam's room. I cracked the door open and saw that Sam wasn't inside. I fully opened the door and laid his jacket on his bed.

"So that's where my jacket went." A voice said.

I quickly turned around and held my breath as I saw Sam behind me.

"It was in the washed, I thought I'd bring it to your room. Sarah said you were looking for it." I said calmly.

He walked past me and picked it up with a chuckle. He brought it to his nose and then set it back down.

"Guess you also poured perfume on it." He said as he turned his head to meet my eyes.

"No I-"

"It smells like you. Has a hint of that horrible perfume I bought you back when we started dating."

"If it was so horrible why did you keep buying it for me?" I asked with a frown.

"I hated it because you always wore it, and now when I smell it... I expect you to be in my arms." He said softly.

"I have to go, I can't miss my flight." I said as I turned to leave.

His hand shot out and he instantly stopped me.

"Don't... please... don't go." He said softly.

"Sam-"

"Sharon was forced to kill Karli." He said calmly.

My eyes went wide and I quickly pulled him into a hug. He hid his face in my neck and I let out a sigh. I ran my fingers through his hair.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered as I hugged him tightly.

After awhile I pulled away from him and he let out a sigh.

"Why didn't you tell me about the baby?" He asked calmly.

"Damn it Sarah." I mumbled as I looked at the floor.

"(Y/n), why did you deal with that alone?" He asked softly.

"You were on the run, Sarah had just lost her husband and.... I blamed myself." I said softly.

"Baby, that was not your fault. If anything it was mine." He said as he cuffed my face.

"I... Sam.... I lost our baby." I said through tears.

He quickly pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead.

"It wasn't your fault... you didn't kill them... it just... sometimes it happens." He whispered as he held me tightly.

"I miss you." I said softly.

"I never left." He said as he hugged me tighter.