Steve

Mobster Steve

I was a nurse when I met Steve, and at first I thought little to nothing about him. He was a nice guy and paid well for me to bandage him up.

When I would ask what had happened to him, he always said he got into a fight.

He was a kind man and always treated me with respect, something not a lot of the men did.

So you could imagine the shock I got when I learned he was in charge of the biggest gang in Brooklyn.

I was at a bank making a withdrawal when I heard the alarm go off. I was soon thrown to the ground by a man with a mask on. I felt my elbow hit the ground and let out a yelp of pain.

"Idiot!" Someone hissed.

The guy turned to look at his partner and then at me.

"That's (Y/n)." The man said angrily.

His eyes went wide and he backed away.

"I didn't know! I'm so sorry!" He exclaimed.

"Are you alright?" The other guy asked.

My eyes went wide and I backed away from him.

"I'm not gonna hurt you. Promise." He said softly.

"Stay away from me!" I yelled as I pushed him away.

I quickly jumped up and rushed out of the bank. Later that day I was at work when I heard someone walk into my room. That was when I turned around and came face to face with Steve.

"Steve, you scared me half to death." I said as I put my hand over my heart.

"I came to apologize to you." He said calmly.

"Why? You haven't done anything wrong." I said softly.

"No, but Peter harmed you." He said as he gently touched my arm.

"Peter?"

"A new recruit. That bank was a initiation, and he had yet to be shown your face. So I am sorry." He said calmly.

"Wait, you robbed that bank?" I asked shocked.

"No, Bucky and Peter, but it was my orders." He said as he put his hands in his pocket.

"And they weren't suppose to hurt me?"

"No, it was a direct order that anyone who sees you is to not lay a hand on you. Though I am giving Peter a second chance.... unless you don't want me to." He said calmly.

"I... why would you care what happened to me? I'm just a nurse." I said as I met his light blue eyes.

"Because I care for you, deeply. It's been awhile since I've found myself interested in a woman, the last woman I was with used me... since then I've stayed clear of relationships, but then I met you... and you swept me off my feet." He said with a chuckle.

"I hardly think I could sweep you off your feet." I said with a laugh.

"I'm happy that, my job doesn't frighten you." He said as he moved his hand to my face and moved a strand of hair away.

"Why? In the end you're still the same Steve that I have to bandage up everyday. The same guy that makes me laugh at his shyness." I said softly.

"I'm glad things haven't changed." He said softly.

"And I'm not mad about Peter, he apologized after he hurt me." I said softly.

"He better have, I'd hate for him to go missing."

"So.... what now?" I asked softly.

"Well, I'd like to ask you on a date... if you are free."

"I'll have to check my planner... let's see.... oh I'm free." I said as I grabbed a fake planner.

He let out a laugh and shook his head.

"Shall we?" He asked as he held his arm out.

"We shall." I said as I took his hand in mine.