Sam

I let out a groan as I set beside Sam on the plane.

"What's wrong?" He asked as he looked over at me.

"Valentine's Day is coming up." I said as I let out a sigh.

"You got a hot date or something?" He asked with a laugh.

"Hilarious, no I am spending it alone... again for the eighth time in a roll." I said with a groan.

"Seriously? But what about that one guy you were-"

"He broke up with me two days before, so he wouldn't have to get me a gift."

"Wow, that's... that low." He said as he looked at me shocked.

"Oh, I know. And it's the second time it's happened." I said as I shook my head.

"Wow, that's horrible."

I nodded my head and let out a sigh of relief when I learned we were landing.

"Hey why don't you spend it with me?" Sam asked calmly.

"I'm sure you have a bunch of women wanting you. Why would you spend it with me?"

"Cause I want to spend it with my best friend."

"Bucky will love to hear that." I said with a laugh.

"You wound me." He said as he shook his head.

I rolled my eyes and we landed.

"If you want to spend Valentine's with me, then you can. But know I'm just planning on watching old movies." I said with a smile.

"Oh my type of Valentine's Day." He said with a laugh.

It was finally time to go home and I was relieved to get a break from missions. I decided to get popcorn and some drinks for tomorrow's movie day.

"He probably won't even come." I said as I shook my head.

I thought about inviting Bucky, but decided against it. If Sam did come, I wanted to spend it alone with him.

Soon Valentine's arrived and I had gotten everything ready. I had two blankets and some beers and regular drinks. The popcorn was ready to be made and I also had ordered pizza.

"Knock knock!" A voice yelled.

I rushed to the door, but stopped before opening it. I quickly looked myself over and when I knew I looked fine. I opened the door and sent Sam a smile.

"What is all of this for?" I asked as I saw some flowers and chocolates in his arms.

"I have never allowed a woman to not have a Valentine's gift." He said with a laugh.

I took the vase from him and smiled as I looked at the roses.

"Glass roses?" I asked with a laugh.

"Why would I give you roses that would just die? Also this is for you, and before you ask, no I don't have the receipt." He said as he handed me a box.

"Bastard." I said as I opened it.

My eyes went wide as I saw a beautiful locket.

(Picture up top)

"Sam, I can't... this had to be a fortune." I said as I looked it over.

"Doesn't matter. It's yours and will always be yours... now open it up."

I shook my head and opened it up to see a picture of me and Sam. Sam had his arms around me and we both where laughing.

"Read the engraving... out load." He said with a laugh.

"To my dearest and most beautiful friend, my heart is yours now and forever." I said softly.

"And it is.... now and forever." He said as he sent me a smile.

"You know, that almost sounds like a confession of love, Wilson." I said playfully.

"It is." He said softly.

"Sam-"

"(Y/n) (L/n), I am in love with you. Now I know I'm not Steve and I know I'm not Bucky... I'm just me.... Sam Wilson, the Falcon."

"You're not the Falcon anymore.... you're Captain America.... the greatest hero alive." I said as I leaned up and gently kissed him.