John Walker/ U.S Agent

32. "How dare you?!"

I felt anger boil up inside of me as I saw John walk up to me with the shield.

"Been awhile, (Y/n)." John said with a smile.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked angrily.

"I came to save you." He said as he crouched down and untied me.

"I think I'm fine here. I don't need a fake to save me." I growled out.

He rolled his eyes and untied me.

"Bastard." I grumbled as I stood up.

"Come on, you can't stay pissed at me. You love me to much." He said with a laugh.

"Fuck you."

He grabbed my hand and I went to slap him b he stopped me.

"When and where?" He asked with a smirk.

"How dare you?! How dare you act like I'm some plaything!" I yelled angrily.

"You aren't a plaything and you know that. You know damn well that I'm in love with you, but you want to stay pissed off at me, because of a mistake."

"How dare you?!" I yelled as I shoved him away.

He looked at me shocked and I glared up at him.

"You cheated on me! With my best friend! You got engaged to her!"

"Because you left!"

"Because you cheated!"

"It was a mistake."

"Then why did you propose to her? Why did you stay with her?"

"Because I lost you! And I needed someone by my side! I needed someone to tell me that I could be a great Captain America!"

"You can't! John, you will never be Captain America... no matter how much you try. And I'm not saying that to hurt you, I'm saying it because it's true. Steve was an amazing Captain America and no one can replace him..... no one but Sam." I said softly.

"What does he have that I don't?"

"Hope.... He gives so many people hope. You're what America wants, but he is what it needs."

He let out a sigh and looked down at the shield.

"You're right.... but what do I do?"

"You prove that you can be a hero. You're not Captain America.... But you are a hero." I said as I gently touched his face.

His eyes met mine and I leaned up and gently pecked his lips.

"You always have been." I said softly.

He quickly pulled me into another kiss and held me tightly against his chest.