Zemo

Warning

Anxiety and Depression and PTSD

"It's 4 am. Why are you baking a cake?" A voice asked.

I let out a squeak and turned around to see Zemo watching me with a frown on his face.

"Oh um... I like to bake." I said softly.

"At 4 in the morning? How long have you been up?" He asked as he walked over to me.

"Since 10." I said as I looked at my hands.

"You went to bed at 9." He said as he looked at me shocked.

"I don't really sleep all that much." I said as I toyed with the spoon.

"Why not?" He asked as he leaned against the counter.

"I just don't like sleeping." I said as I looked over at him.

"You have PTSD." He said calmly.

"I don't have-"

"I heard you kicking and screaming in your sleep earlier. When I asked Sam, he said you didn't like to talk about it." He said calmly.

"I don't, I um... I wasn't always an Avenger. I actual use to be a normal girl... but then a accident happened and I got my powers... the government wanted to lock me up, but Tony stopped them." I said softly.

He crossed his arms over his chest and nodded his head. I let out a sigh and rubbed my face.

"But the only way he was able to stop them was if I joined the avengers.... and so I did. And it was hard leaving my family and friends..... it was harder when I learned that my brother was killed in Sokovia." I said as I looked at my hands.

"Do you blame Stark?"

"No, I blame myself. I should of stopped Tony, as soon as he told me about his plan I should of stopped him.... but I didn't. I put so much trust in him that I let him do whatever he wanted and... and it got my brother killed." I said softly.

"So why do you bake?"

"Me and my brother use to get up late at night and Bake.... mom hated it, but... it was the only time I had with him." I said softly.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be... my brother was a soldier and he knew going to Sokovia could get him killed.... he just didn't know that it would be because of the avengers." I said sadly.

"It wasn't your fault.... your brother's death... you had no way of knowing that Ultron would turn on you."

"Tony didn't either." I said softly.

"True, but Stark made multiple machines, each bringing destruction, you... you haven't done any of that." He said softly.

He moved his hand to my face and I held my breath. I found myself leaning into his touch and before I could stop myself I gently kissed him. He ran his fingers through my hair and pulled me into a deep and passionate kiss.