ELEVEN

The cool wind from the night blew gently through the window. Lilac curtains swayed in the wind. Mila could feel the air on her skin, sending goosebumps up her body. It felt good, it felt right.

"Hey, it's getting late, I think you should get some rest" Yelena leaned against the door frame. Mila nodded and pulled the creme sheets down from the top of the bed.

"Yelena, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure, what's up" she moved towards the bed. Mila sunk down momentarily as Yelena lowered herself onto the mattress.

"I don't get it, any of this" she pointed all around her. "I don't understand why I was taken, why you ran away, who you ran away from. None of this makes sense. I still don't understand how you knew my name" she let out a rough breath out. Trying to calm herself down.

Yelena was silent for a moment, she had a look on her face that confused Mila. Almost as if she was fighting with herself. "Okay, I'm going to tell you some things that are going to confuse you, you just have to stay calm and let me explain. Okay" she sighed. Mila blinked hard, trying to shut up the voice in her head telling her to run. She looked right into Yelena's green eyes. 

"Okay" she positioned herself directly in front of the blonde.

And so Yelena explained everything to her. From the kidnapping from Hydra, the old building and the people in it. The Red Room and how they were trying to take her away from Hydra. Yelena told Mila that she had overheard the plans and wanted to help her, that's how she knew her name. "The Red Room wants you, to train you to reach your full potential, they don't think you will be able to achieve that locked away with a man who doesn't let you out of his sight". She was talking about her papa.

"My papa. That's who they're talking about. Well they don't have to worry about him anymore, he doesn't even know who I am" she let out a shaky breath. She missed her papa more than anything, it hurt just thinking about him. Mila blinked back the tears harshly.

Yelena had only known this little girl for 24 hours and she already felt attached to her. She understood now why the Red Room had a specific graduation ceremony. Attachments compromised the mission.

She wrapped her strong arms around the little girl, encasing her in a hug. Mila wasn't hugged a lot. By her papa yes, all the time. They practically lived attached at the hip but she hadn't seen him in a while. "You can cry Mila, that's okay" Mila shook her head rapidly.

"No no no I can't" she tried to get out from under Yelena's arms, "I'm not allowed to show emotion. Yelena let go, Yelena stop. Please" she whispered the last part. Mila gave in and let go, she broke down and sobbed. That was okay, she needed to break down. Mila had been holding so much together, she needed to let it out. That was okay.

Yelena held onto her for what seemed to be hours, she didn't mind. In all honesty she wished she had someone like this in the Red Room, someone to hold her and console. No tell her it's going to be okay, because she knows it won't, but to tell her things get easier, eventually.

After Mila's break down she fell asleep. Yelena rolled her onto the bed properly and tucked her in. She kissed her fingers and held them gently to Mila's forehead. "Goodnight Mila" she whispered.

Yelena tiptoed to the door and left, shutting it quietly. Letting out a sigh she tossed herself onto the couch. Picking up her phone she dialed a number.

"Hello" a voice came through.

"She's safe, I have her now and I think she's starting to trust me, let her guard down. Give me a week tops and she will comply" Yelena spoke softly, trying not to wake Mila.