TWENTY ONE

The newly 14 year old had never been on a plane before. Her time spent outside has never been very memorable. Sure she had felt what real freedom felt like when she was with Yelena, but that didn't last long and all the other times she was outside, it was because she was on her way to take another life. Mila sat strapped into her seat, her papa on her left.

He always made sure to sit on her left side because if she were to hold his hand, she would be holding the real one. There had been time when he wasn't scared to use it around her but after his last act against the superiors, that resulted in two doctors dead, left him wondering how much trust he had with himself around her.

Mila never cared of course, she just though the cold metal limb was apart of him. She had never seen him without it and for nine years of her life that's all she'd ever seen.

Her nightmares about Yana had been occurring less and less since that day her and her papa talked. That didn't stop the other horrors from swimming around her mind. The faces of the men, women and even the few children she had killed haunted her. The men who used to guard her cell before she moved in with her papa face's would appear in front of her every now and again, reminding her she is never really alone. Mila was drowning in her own horrors and she couldn't say anything.

He heard Mila take a short breath in, causing him to turn his head towards her. She looked up at him, catching his worried gaze. Mila nodded, a hint of a smile on her face, letting him know she was okay. He picked up her left hand in his own, holding it close to him. Whether it be for her comfort or his own was unknown.

The superiors were excited to ship the assassins off. Mila had no idea where. The small parts of conversations she heard were not very helpful. Something about a bank and a huge organization in a place called America. Mila was not familiar with that place.

The guard sitting next to her kept moving his hand around. He placed his hand next to Mila's thigh. She didn't notice as she was focused on rubbing her right hand over her eyebrow anxiously. His hand crept up her leg, the black leather of her suit feeling cold against his fingers. As his hand crept closer up her thigh, a smirk pulled at his lips.

Mila was numb to his touch, she had no idea of his fingers tracing the green lining of her suit. It wasn't until his hand reached her hip that she saw his stringy fingers. A gasp escaped her lips as she pulled her hand from her papa's to smack him away. Her papa turned to face the man, standing up immediately with a hard, cold look.

The guard stood up, staring at the Soldier with a cocky smile. "What you gonna do Soldier?" He was mocking him, knowing that there wasn't anything he could do or he or his daughter would be punished.

Mila stood from her seat, blinking hardly to shut out the memories of the past. She stood in front of her papa, her hand on his chest. "No papa. I got it," she stated. He pulled his gaze from the guard to his daughter quickly. His face scrunched up in confusion.

"What?" He put a hand on her shoulder.

The other guards in the plane were watching but didn't stop anything. They knew better than that.

"I got it papa," she smiled innocently. Mila turned around to face the smug man who thought it was okay to touch a child.

"Hey sweetheart. What's wrong?" He was a real jerk. Mila didn't need this in her life. She smiled at the guard, stepping forward. He licked his lips as she moved closer.

He never even saw it coming. Her fist flew into his face, a loud sickening crunch echoed throughout the plane. A crowd of gasps filled her ears. Mila turned back to face her papa, a large grin on her face. He looked at her stunned, shocked at what just happened.