TWENTY THREE

Sirens sounded all around him. Lights flashed red and blue. He could barely hear anything apart from his heart pounding in his chest. Where was she? She should be back by now.

He couldn't stop the horrible thoughts from flooding his brain. Mila needed to be here somewhere. It had been five minutes since he jumped of the roof after the blonde man threw a shield at him. Mila had to be here this was their rendezvous point. 

Loud footsteps pulled him from his thoughts. "Let's go Soldier".

"No wait she's not back yet, we have to wait for her," his voice was cold and harsh. These guards had to understand what he was saying. "I'm not leaving without her".

"She's gone Soldier now move". The guard pulled on his arm. The Soldier swung around swiftly and punched him. The other guards seized him, pinning him to the ground. "We are leaving, you have completed the mission". A jolt of pain moved through his body before his vision went black and he lost all consciousness. 

A loud bang awoke him from his sleep. The bright lights of the bank blinded him temporarily, blinking hard to adjust the the white of the room. Doctors scurried around the cell, fidgeting with his arm or checking vitals. No one dared to make a sound around the Soldier. 

He looked around franticly, trying to find his daughter. "She's not here Soldier. But don't worry she will be just fine," the Old Man bit back a laugh. "She will be taken care of, Agent Rumlow will make sure of it. Now mission report," he demanded.

The Soldier looked down at this lap. He let her down and now she was stuck with a Hydra agent who could do whatever he wanted to her. The Old Man's words meant nothing to him as images of different outcomes involving Mila floated throughout his brain She could be beaten up, tortured or even dead by the time he got her back. A hard slap across the face pulled him back to reality.

"Mission report Soldier". The Old Man was growing annoyed and he didn't have time for childish behavior. 

He spoke up, "The target is dead sir, three bullets to the back on top of the damage he sustained the day before," his voice was weak but he didn't care.

"Good, now you will wait here for further instruction. We are one step further in achieving our goal. Now if you will excuse me, I have a some flowers to send". He left the room, bringing any and all life that had been in the room with him. The place was dead silent as the doctors continued their work. He only wished his mind had been the same. 

***

Tapping her fingers on the table in front of her seemed to be the only form of enjoyment Mila could get around here. More men came in to talk to her, now knowing her name. It was a bit harder to stay quiet when their voices sounded so much like her papas but she had to keep her mouth shut. 

The woman from earlier, who Mila now knew as Natasha, hadn't come back yet and she couldn't figure out why that upset her. Natasha was working for the very same people that took her captive in the first place but still, there was something different about her. 

A knock on the door surprised her. Natasha walked in, still wearing the clothes from earlier that day. "Mila, right?" She asked, even though she knew the answer. Natasha pulled the metal chair from the head of the table around to where Mila was sat. Red and purple bruises had formed around the girls wrists from the hand cuffs. 

Mila eyed her suspiciously as the woman sat next to her. Natasha's plan coming into motion. "Why are you here?" The question took Mila for surprise. Her red brows raised in confusion. "Why are you here Mila, you're 14 years old and locked in an interrogation room in the worlds leading defense organization," Natasha's voice was thick with emotion. This was just a child, a child who killed her boss.