𝐒𝐈𝐑𝐈𝐔𝐒, wishes

WISHES
A Sirius Black x Reader Blurb

SUMMARY: If Sirius was given the chance to go back in time and change one thing; he'd ask you to be his before it was too late

SUMMARY: If Sirius was given the chance to go back in time and change one thing; he'd ask you to be his before it was too late. Unfortunately, not all wishes can come true

WARNING(S): gender-neutral!reader (450 words)

He watched as you sat in-between Remus's legs as the two of you shared a book under the tree near the Black Lake

He watched as you sat in-between Remus's legs as the two of you shared a book under the tree near the Black Lake. Occasionally, he'd dip his head to kiss your cheek before going back to reading the book to you. Every time it happened, Sirius felt his heart break just a little more. 

He's fancied you since fourth year though he couldn't pin point the exact moment those feelings developed. He just knew that one day when he was at you and James Quidditch game that he couldn't keep his eyes off you. The way your entire face would light up when you scored a goal made his heart flutter and he didn't even realize it until Peter had pointed it out. After that he seemed to see you everywhere, not that he minded it, but he just found it odd. He'd only known you as the 'other Gryffindor Chaser who was friends with James' but after that game he just wanted to get to know you.

His friends noticed his change in behavior. Everyone did. He stopped flirting with every girl who passed by, stopped sending firtatcious smiles and winks to anyone who's stares would linger a little longer than needed but no one could figure out why.

Though this managed to get the entire school's attention, it just barely caught yours. "Someone's in a good mood." you'd tell him when he started walking towards you with the biggest smile you've ever seen. He never told you, but it was because of you. He didn't know why he didn't tell you though because if he had, maybe, just maybe, would he be in Remus' place right now.

"You alright, mate?" James asked him, catching his attention as he had gotten lost in thought again.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm alright." Sirius nodded before his eyes landed back on you. The book Remus was previously reading to you was on the ground as you cupped both his cheeks to kiss him with his hands resting your waist.

Sirius felt his heart ache, as if someone was grabbing it and not letting go. He felt like he was suffocating.

"Are you sure?" Peter piped in, eyes flicking from Sirius to James slightly worried.

He had to force himself to look away from the two of you. It was his fault after all for not being straight forward and just asking you. Maybe then it would've been him you were with instead of his best-friend. Though he was terribly happy for the two of you, he couldn't seem to get the feeling inside his heart that yearned for you to give up.

"Yeah, just thinking about how things could have turned out different with someone."