𝐑𝐄𝐆𝐔𝐋𝐔𝐒, the inevitable

THE INEVITABLE
A Regulus Black x Reader Oneshot

SUMMARY: Defying the Dark Lord never ends well, you and Regulus learned this from experience

WARNING(S): Death, brief mention of torture, and angst, Fem!Reader (3,303 words)

Regulus stood hunched over the basin. The green glow of the remaining potion acting as a cruel reminder of what remaining torture he has to go through. Kreacher stood in front of him with a goblet in his hands. Regulus nodded and gulped down the potion, feeling the burning sensation as it went down.

He's only had a few sips and so far, have only felt like his insides were on fire. As uncomfortable and painful it was, he forced himself to take more until his surroundings seemed to change.

(Y/N)?" He rasped as his vision started to focus on the figure sprawled out in front of him. When his vision finally focused, that was when he started screaming and scrambled to get up. Kreacher quickly dropped the goblet back into the basin and went to hold back his master who was mumbling stuff under his breath.

"Master Black, you must drink the potion."

"(Y/N)! She's there! Kreacher let go of me, she's going to die!"

"Master Black, (Y/N) isn't there. You must drink the potion."

By this point Kreacher had to force the boy to take the potion and he hated every single second of it. Hearing his Master's cries and protests to save someone who wasn't there. Kreacher only hoped that they'd be out of here soon.

Taking more of the potion only made the visions worse. He kept seeing you, then Sirius, then the both of you laying in front of him. The two of you, dead before him just before the vision changed again. This time, Regulus recognized it as a memory. It was the first time he had gotten into a fight with you.

"I just don't see why you're so worked up on this (Y/N). I'll be fine, just because my family supports him doesn't mean I'll become a Death Eater." Regulus said, his tone laced with annoyance as he lied straight to your face.