𝐁𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐘, broken promises

BROKEN PROMISES
A Barty Crouch Jr. x Reader Blurb

SUMMARY: Before he became a Death Eater he made a promise, but sometimes promises have to be broken

WARNING(S): mentions of death and murder, gender-neutral!reader (348 words)

"Promise me you won't kill anyone who's innocent? "You asked him, pinky extended as you searched his face for any emotion

"Promise me you won't kill anyone who's innocent? "You asked him, pinky extended as you searched his face for any emotion. You knew dark magic could change him for the worst so you hoped a pinky promise would be enough to keep him sane while playing with it.

He sighed and wrapped his pinky around yours, kissing his thumb to seal the act before placing another kiss on your forehead then your lips.

"As long as you're there to hold me down." He mumbled against your lips, feeling you smile he reconnected your lips to his.

Barty released a shaky breath as he pulled your bloody body into his arms. You looked up at him with a weak smile, caressing his cheek as you mumbled, "I love you."

He cried, holding you closer as he begged you to stay awake but you were too weak. Your eyes rolled to the back of your head and your body felt limp in his arms.

Grabbing his wand he pointed at the Muggles who fled from the scene, green light emitted from his wand as they all fell on the ground. Dead.

"I'm sorry, I promised as long as you were with me I wouldn't." Barty apologized. "But these filthy Muggles will have to pay." And that was the start of how he became obsessed with being a Death Eater, helping the Dark Lord achieve eternal life and killing innocent Muggles on the way.

If you were still alive you'd scold him, telling him how they haven't done anything to deserve such sudden death, but that's the thing. You weren't alive anymore, and it was all because of a Muggle. So he brushed off the guilt of killing any Muggle he came into contact with as an excuse of avenging your death until he no longer felt guilty.

On the night the Dementor kissed him Barty smiled, a genuine smile for the first time in so long. "I finally get to see my (Y/N) again." He sighed as the Dementor sucked out the last of his soul, his body collapsing to the ground afterwards.