𝐁𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐘, never changed

NEVER CHANGED
A Barty Crouch Jr. x Reader Blurb

PROMPTS: "I loved you

PROMPTS: "I loved you." + "Than why did you let (her/him/them) get in-between us?" and "Maybe they were right, you never did change."

WARNING(S): gender-neutral!reader (345 words)

It's been years since his imprisonment. You were there to watch it. Sitting in the courtroom as your husband got dragged by Aurors out of the courtroom to be sent to Azkaban. You had watched him get sent away and yet, here he was, standing right in front of you.

"Did you miss me darling?" He asked smugly, his smirk grew as he watched you stumble on your words.

"H-how?"

"Mother switched places with me. Than Father put me under the imperious curse for years and now I'm here. Back to you, just like I promised."

"Back to me or back to Voldemort?"

His body tensed when you said his name. His eyes going dark as he seemed to restrain himself from grabbing his wand. "Don't. Say. His. Name." He said through gritted teeth and you scoffed. You really should've expected this.

"Of course, you came back for him. Why would you come back for me right? Do you want to know what I did while you were locked away in Azkaban? I was defending your name, trying to make others believe, trying to make myself believe, that you weren't a bad person. They told me I was blind, and daft, but now that I'm thinking about it, maybe they were right, you never did change." You said before turning on your heel towards the door.

"I loved you." He said as you reached the door, desperately hoping that would give him another chance.

Turning around, hand still on the doorknob, you asked: "Than why did you let him get in between us?"

He fell silent and that was all you needed to know who's side he was really on. It was never yours, he just made you think he was.

"Here." You said as you took off the silver wedding band and placed it on the table nearby.

Looking back at him one more time, you secretly hoped that he'd run after you and beg you to stay but he didn't. Instead, he stood frozen in his spot, watching as the door closed behind you.