𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐔𝐒, back to france

BACK TO FRANCE
A Theseus Scamander x Reader Blurb

SUMMARY: After a brief encounter in the French Ministry, you run into the elder Scamander brother in France a year after Grindlewald's Rally

CONTAIN(S): gender-neutral!reader, Grindlewald is dead AU (though that fact is not quite plot heavy) (646 words)

"Enough!" Newt's brother shouted, a spell casting out of his wand and hitting the stack of boxes. Thankfully, Tina was able to stop them before they could hit the three of you.

"He needs to control his temper." With a flick of your wrist you had sent the older Scamander to stumble back and onto a chair, ropes fastened around his wrist behind his back.

Tina shot you a smirk while Newt stared at you in amazement. "I think that may have been the best moment of my life." He said breathlessly, waving his wand so that the boxes that were currently in the air stacked back onto the cart. The brother glared from the chair as he watched the three of you run off.

That all happened one year ago. After tying the older Scamander to a chair, you and your friends had managed to get into the Records room in hopes of finding some box that had been moved to the Lestrange Mausoleum. Little did you all know that you'd all end up at Grindlewald's rally where loyalties were chosen. That was the last time you saw the Newt and his friends along with his older brother who was present at the rally.

It had been a miracle that you were able to keep your job as an Auror after it was revealed that you helped a wanted person enter the French Ministry. During your session it said that someone had appealed for you to not lose your job. Though you may never know exactly who was kind enough to help, you were thankful for their help.

Currently you were sat at a local cafe near your apartment with a latte in front of you. One of the things you loved about France was the many cafes all in walking distance of your apartment.

"I think your drink has gone cold." Someone said, causing you to look up from the table. Blue eyes stared into your (E/C) ones and you swore you saw a sparkle as the person grinned at you.

"May I?" He motioned to the chair in front of you and you nodded. Shifting nervously on your chair, you didn't know how to mention that you had never gotten his name before. Your brief encounter with him and the chair a year ago was not exactly the right time for introductions so you have always referred to him as the older Scamander brother. He must have realized this since he smiled and said,

"I believe our last encounter didn't allow time for introductions, Theseus Scamander."

"(Y/N) (Y/L/N)."

"Oh I know."

His response caused you to raise a brow as you looked at him curiously. Realizing what he said, he quickly changed the topic before you could question him. "So, what brings you back to France?"

"I live here." You replied, trying your best to stifle your laughter as his face went red form embarrassment. "What brought you back to France?"

"Oh, uh. I just needed a break I guess." He said before taking a sip of his coffee. He didn't know where his sudden nervousness came from but the longer he looked at you the less confident he became.

"If you're not busy, could I take you to out to dinner tonight? If you don't or have plans I'm completely alright but I was just wondering." Theseus asked and you wondered if the rambling on was a common trait for the Scamander brothers.

"I'd like that." You replied after giving the offer some thought.

"Great, I'll come pick you up at 7?"

"Do you even know where I live?"

Theseus fell silent at the realization that he in fact, did not know where you lived which caused you to chuckle. You fetched a pen from your purse and quickly wrote down your address onto a napkin before sliding it towards him.

"I'll see you at 7."