𝐍𝐄𝐖𝐓, time

TIME
A Newt Scamander x Reader Blurb

SUMMARY: Time was ticking but he didn't care

CONTAIN(S): fem!reader, Soulmate AU where everyone has a clock that counts down the time until they meet their soulmate (282 words)

00:01:59

Less than two more minutes until he would meet his soulmate yet Newt sat in his seat with a bored expression. All he wanted was to appeal his travel ban.

The hallway he was waiting in was fairly empty, a few Ministry workers gave small smiles and polite nods to him as they walked passed. He could even hear faint conversations of others from down the hall. Newt only sighed and closed his eyes as he leaned against the wall.

00:00:45

A faint tug coming from his coat sleeve caught his attention. Lifting up his arm Newt chuckled softly when he saw Pickett hanging onto his sleeve button. The action caused Pickett's weight to become too much as the button started loosening, eventually just hanging on by a singular thread.

00:00:30

The thread snapped and Pickett fell to the ground with a exasperated sigh. The button he was desperately clinging onto a few seconds ago rolled away and after a quick glance back at Newt, the two of them were running towards the button.

Hiding his obvious amused expression with a tight lipped smile, Newt looked at the bowtruckle with his palm over the button.

00:00:12

The sound of heels on the marble floor started getting closer to where Newt was. Pickett had given up with trying to get the button and was now on Newt's shoulder.

Black heels stood in front of him and Newt took a deep breathe before looking up to see (Y/E/C) eyes staring into his own with a soft smile.

00:00:00

"Mr. Scamander?" The women in front of him asked. Newt nodded and stood up from the ground, dusting off his coat. "They're ready for you."