𝐓𝐎𝐌, the dark lord and the heir

THE DARK LORD AND THE HEIR
A Tom Riddle x Reader Blurb

SUMMARY: AU where the reader was the Heir of Slytherin

WARNING(S): Fem!Reader, (heir of) Slytherin!Reader, murder, au (609 words)

"You...you're the heir of Slytherin." Harry realized as the flaming words faded into the air. A smirk grew on Tom's lips as he turned around to face him

"Actually," He said, now circling the boy until he was facing Salazar's statue. "She is."

Off to the side from the darkness stepped out a young girl around Tom's age. She wore her school robes that were similar to Toms, different from the modern ones Harry and his friends wore.

She walked over to stand at Toms side sharing his charming smirk as the young boy tried to process what was happening.

"W-what is she doing?" Harry asked, trying to mask his fear as the heir said something in front of Salazar's statue. He realized it was parseltounge.

"Finishing Salazar Slytherin's noble work." Tom said with a smirk. The mouth of the founders mouth opened and the two watched in awe as the basilisk slithered out. Tom avoided eye contact with the serpent but the girl, she stared into it's eyes with admiration as she said something to it.

"Now, let's match the power of Lord Voldemort and heir of Salazar Slytherin himself, against the famous Harry Potter." The Heir said, her voice echoing throughout the large chamber. Before Harry could even open his mouth to say anything though the basilisk was already going in his direction.

"Run all you want Potter, it only obeys us now." She said as Harry started to run in the opposite direction, the basilisk chasing him.

As he ran the boy slipped and fell to the ground, his glasses landing a few inches away from him. Chuckling could be heard from where Tom stood as the basilisk circled the boy. With no hope left Harry contemplated just giving up when suddenly, a screeching was heard.

A red phoenix flew through the air towards the basilisk. He quickly got up from the ground as the basilisk was distracted but Harry's sigh of relief was cut short as a flash of light hit the bird causing it to burst into flames. Its ashes landing on the ground beside Harry.

Fear coursed through his veins for the second time tonight as the basilisk faced him. The basilisk's bright yellow eyes bore into Harry's blue ones and Harry gave up all hope. His body collapsed onto the ground as he inhaled a shaky last breath and the basilisk was ordered to go back, Tom and the heir heading towards him with a smirk.

"You've finally lost Potter." Tom's word were the last thing Harry heard as his vision faded to white. He fought it at first, desperately fighting to stay alive until he heard a voice call to him,

"Let go, it's your time."

It was his mother. Turning around he saw his mother standing beside his father, smiles on their faces as they looked at their boy. As tears streamed down his face he ran towards them into their arms.

"I did." He said as his parents pulled him back into their arms, letting the white light engulf them all.

Back in the chamber Tom stood before the boys now lifeless body. The Boy That Lived had finally died. He finally won.

"You did it." The heir said now by his side. He turned around to face her and took her hand into his to pull her towards him. His arm draped across her shoulders as he placed a kiss on her cheek.

"We did it."

She smiled at him and nodded her head in acknowledgment. It was rare for Tom to share his victory with anyone else but she was an exception. Truly a powerful witch she was, his perfect equal.