The Prince and I (23)

Chapter 23

Charles’ POV

‘Where am I?’ Jesse tiny voice whispered. I instantly sat up alert. What do I do? Am I dreaming? What’s going on?

‘Callie, fetch someone,’ I blurted out as I jumped up, still holding Jesse’s hand.

‘Eternity,’ Jesse whispered and I just stared at him. What does that mean? And then his eyes flew open. I could feel my eyes watering. Jesse’s eyes were blood shot; he stared at me a little and then began blinking repeatedly.

‘Hey Jesse, it is okay. I’m here,’ I whispered in reply.

Jesse’s POV

Who are you!? Who is Jesse? I blinked repeated. The bright light was getting constantly bigger. I could just see a dark outline of a figure. I wasn’t sure what the figure was, is it good or bad? Beep, beep. Beep, beep. I put my hands to my ears and the comforting warmth vanished. ‘Jesse, what’s wrong?’ I heard a friendly voice say, the outline was speaking to me. I pressed my eyes together and everything went quiet.

‘Eternity,’ I whispered quietly before opening my eyes again. Charles. The beeping began to quieten down and there was no longer a bright light, just Charles. I removed my hands from my ears and Charles instantly grabbed onto my hand before planting a kiss on my forehead.

‘Callie’s gone to get someone,’ Charles said quietly. His voice was shaky; he looked like he was going to cry. Who’s Callie? Then the room was flooded with people and Charles was forced away from me, everyone was wearing white with a small red cross in the top corner. The beeping came back and so did the bright lights. Eternity.

Charles’ POV

‘I can’t leave him, what’s going on?’ I asked as two doctors stood around Jesse’s bed. Jesse shut his eyes and then began shifting in his bed, like he was hurt.

‘You will just have to wait out her for a few minutes,’ a nurse began as she led me to a seat. ‘The doctors just need to take some tests.’ I nodded as I sat down.

‘Make sure they hurry up!’ I demanded as I tapped my feet nervously on the tiled floor. I could still see Jesse moving in his bed, the doctors looked like they were trying to calm him down. Chandler limped round the corner of the hall and over to me. I glanced up at him as he continued to come closer to me.

‘Jesse is gonna be fine,’ Chandler comforted. I just smiled at him as I continued to tap my feet on the floor.

                ‘You may go and see Jesse now, Prince,’ the nurse told me as she bowed before rushing off behind the doctors. I stood up then smiled at Callie and Chandler. ‘Can you come with me Chandler?’ I asked as I walked over to the door, then stopped straight beside it. I could hear Chandler standing up which was a good sign.

Jesse’s POV

I could see Charles walking back into my room; I couldn’t hide the smile which crept onto my face. All the beeping had stopped, and the whispers of my mother. Plus the bright lights had faded again, everything seemed real again. Charles was stopped just outside of my room, a boy walked up behind him. Wait, was he going to take my Charles away from me? The boy had dark brown hair, he was holding crutches and he had a slight limp. Who is he? And then the door opened. ‘Jesse, how are you feeling?’ Charles asked as he rushed over to me. His eyes were glowing their normal, beautiful colour.