The Prince and I (9)

Chapter 9

Jesse’s POV

Charles’s final day as a student in America came; sure he isn’t technically leaving until tomorrow but still. I walked down the hallway of school with my backpack bouncing on my back and then I saw him stood beside Callie. His blue eyes sparkled with the light, a sapphire, that’s what they reminded me of. His perfect blond hair was style properly and his smile was perfect also. I wanted to run my hands through it, like really badly. ‘Jesse baby!’ that screech brought me back to reality.

‘Hey gorgeous, how are you today?’ I asked my new girlfriend Coby as I wrapped my arms around her waist then kissed her lightly.

‘I’m very good thanks but my life totally sucks at the moment. You see Angelina fell out with me because apparently she fancied you but you didn’t date her because I got in the way,’ Coby began to complain which was my queue to stop listening. ‘And right now no one’s life can be worse than mine! But good news is that daddy is going to by me a convertible when I turn seventeen!’ Coby screamed as she jumped back then clapped her hands like a crazy fool. I just nodded my head like I actually gave a damn what she was saying. Then my gaze fell back upon Charles.

‘Okay so today I’ve called an assembly because basically one of our students need to explain something to the entire school,’ the principle, Mr Jenson spoke down the microphone. ‘Charles Arnold could you please come to the stage?’ Instantly a roar of applause filled the hall, well Charles’s popularity went up quickly. I looked through the crowded hall for Charles and I saw him squeezing through the cheering people with Geoffrey stood in front of him clearing a path. ‘Okay so this is our new student who has been here for a month and today is his finally day. You lot should know him as Charles Arnold but his really name or title is Prince Charles Edward Thomas John Arnold, the prince of Driftwood,’ Mr Jenson began. He then put his hand on Geoffrey shoulder then began speaking, ‘this is Geoffrey Jacobs Prince Charles’s butler. He has been working for the prince since he was eighteen which was last year. So the boys came to Driftwood to get away from the royal life and they’ve been staying with Callie Granger. Prince Charles would you like to say a few words?’ Mr Jenson handed Charles the microphone and then hall went wild, what? So they’ve known Charles for weeks and they don’t give a damn but when he gets announced as a prince they freak out? Not cool.

‘Erm hi,’ Charles said nervously. ‘So this seems really scary speaking in front of the school. It is even scarier then speaking in front of the island. Well Mr Jenson basically explained everything you really need to know. I’m a Prince; Geoffrey is my butler and my best friend. Since I’ve been in America I’ve met some really nice people. Being here isn’t at all like I expected it to be, it’s a little more real then living in the palace. It actually feels as though I fit in here. When Geoff and I first came to this school it was a little scary. Geoffrey ended up wearing a suit because my mother has always said that whilst he is working he must look presentable, he looked completely crazy. I had to make up loads of things to keep him seeming sane. I’ve made friends with quite a few people, like the guys from the football team even showed me how to play American football; I’ll have to show my brothers when I got back to Driftwood. I’ve been treated the same as everyone else for once except the times when I went on a moody rampage in lesson and then ended up walking out but that is basically a Prince strop. So that’s all I’ve really got to say. And thank you for allowing me into your school and accepting me like a normal student. It been amazing and I’ll definitely be coming back.’ Every one clapped as Charles gave Mr Jenson the microphone back.

                ‘Check you out Char, everyone loves you!’ Callie squealed as she walked in to the classroom a few minutes late. She rushed over to Charles who was surrounded by the entire class, including the teacher, and getting questioned about having his own island. I sat by myself in the corner of the room whilst I sent text to different people.