The Prince and I (2)

Chapter 2

Charles’s POV

Callie walked into my bedroom and woke me up for my fifth day at school, the last day of the week. I looked at her with dopey eyes before sitting up and stretching then just staring at the wall in front of me. Callie smiled at me as she walked over to Geoffrey’s bed then shook him lightly.

‘Hey dude, get up. Mom has made pancakes,’ Callie said in a sweet voice. Geoffrey budged around in his bed as Callie began walking back to me and then there was a bang. Geoffrey was now lying in a heap on the floor.

‘I’m okay,’ Geoffrey said quietly as he pushed himself up then began crawling over to his things which were in a suitcase at the end of his bed. ‘Prince Charles what would you like me to wear today?’ Geoffrey asked me as he stood up.

‘You can wear whatever you like Geoff but please don’t wear another tuxedo because on Monday that didn’t go down to well,’ I said as I laughed at Geoff.

‘But Prince, your mother told me I must wear a suit when I’m with you,’ Geoffrey began as he stood up whilst holding some blue faded jeans that sagged loads in the middle.

‘Yeah my mother may have said this but we aren’t at the palace so pretty much you are off duty as my butler,’ I pointed out as I slid from under the bed cover and began walking to my suitcase and taking out some grey jogging bottoms. ‘And Geoff you don’t have to call me Prince if we are in the palace or in America,’ I added as I smiled at Geoffrey.

‘Of course Prin-Charles,’ Geoffrey corrected himself as he gave me a half-hearted smile. I rolled my eyes jokily before walking out of the bedroom so I could go shower.

                ‘Thanks again for letting us stay her Victoria,’ I thanked Callie’s mother as she handed me a pancake on a plate.

‘I couldn’t let your mom down Char, I mean I use to work for her,’ Victoria laughed as she began sprinkling chocolate onto my pancake. ‘Is that enough?’ She asked as she stopped and looked at me; I nodded.

Callie walked into the kitchen with a frown on her face whilst brushing her hair. She gave me a quickly smile before dropping onto a chair which was across the table from me.

‘I think Charlie ate my straighteners,’ Callie complained, Charlie is her brown and white King Charles spaniel.

Victoria spun on her heels to face us before speaking, ‘I think if the dog ate your straighteners we would know about it,’ and as if on cue Charlie came running into the kitchen followed by Geoffrey who was buttoning his white shirt. ‘Geoffrey aren’t you looking nice; Charles why don’t you dress like that you scruff,’ Victoria teased as she put Geoffrey a pancake onto his plate then topped it with blueberries like he had asked.

‘I’m not a scruff,’ I denied as I crossed my arms then pouted my lips like a baby.

‘You totally are,’ Callie chipped in as she finished brushing her hair then tied it into a braid.

‘Shut up,’ I spat as I ate a forkful of pancake whilst frowning moodily. I heard everyone let a little laugh out and then when I looked up they all went silent; jerks. Callie’s father Daniel walked into the kitchen whilst doing up his tie.

‘How do I look?’ He asked as he gave us all a little twirl.

‘Dad that’s sounds like something I’d ask,’ Callie mocked as she eyed her dad who was still twirling around in circles.

Daniel gave a little shrug before responding, ‘I don’t care, I have a very important meeting,’ Daniel raised his voice a little as he said very before giving Callie a little smirk.