The Prince and I (8)

Chapter 8

Charles’s POV

Just over a week ago Jesse kissed me. Just over a week ago I found out who I actually wanted, who I wanted to take back with me to Driftwood and let’s just say it isn’t a female; it’s Jesse Daniel Taylor. Jesse the player, Jesse the homophobe, Jesse the guy who hasn’t spoken to me since it happened. Since the kiss happened. To be honest he hasn’t really spoken to anyone and for the first time since I came to America Jesse Taylor has been single for over a week. One entire week!

                ‘I still can’t get over that,’ Callie gasped as she flopped onto the bed beside me then rolled over onto her belly and began texting. ‘Jesse Taylor, single for a week after he kissed you.’

‘I know right. Perhaps people finally came to their senses not to love the guy. After all he is a complete idiot,’ Geoffrey chipped in as I sat silently on my bed playing with Callie iPad.

‘What do you think Charles? I mean of Jesse and everything, you must be pretty shocked by the outcome of a kiss,’ Callie giggled. I just shrugged my shoulders then continued trying to play Temple Run. ‘Anyway what should we do today? You only have five days left in America,’ Callie began as she rested on both her elbows.

‘Let Geoffrey decided,’ I muttered as I flicked my fingers over the iPad trying to control the man. I looked up at Geoffrey then smiled a little.

‘Don’t ask me, I don’t know Los Angeles well. Anyway we can’t do everything because we’re in New York for your birthday and we can come this way so we can see Callie again,’ Geoffrey nagged as he slid onto the floor from his bed.

‘Why don’t we go downstairs and get breakfast? And then we can do baking or something because mom and dad aren’t going to be home until nine tonight,’ Callie decided as she stood up and then began walking to the door. I quickly locked Callie’s iPad then threw it onto the bed before standing up and following her with Geoffrey behind me.

                ‘If that flour touches me or my hair I swear I’m going to punch you!’ I yelled at Geoffrey as he bounced around the kitchen whilst holding his flour covered hands out in front of him. ‘I’ll fire you!’ I screamed in a high pitched voice as I climb onto the chair and kicked my leg out in front of me so Geoff would come closer.

Geoffrey dropped his hands beside him then looked at me. ‘You’re such a freak Charles now get of the chair you baby,’ Geoffrey mocked as he wiped his hands on a towel covering it in the flour. I rolled my eyes at Geoffrey then put my hands onto his shoulders and jumped down.

‘Don’t call me a baby you jerk. I’ll text Chandler and get him to lower your wage again!’ I threatened jokily as I punched his arm lightly. Geoffrey just smiled then continued helping Callie cut the cookies into shapes. There was a knock at the door and I stood up quickly. ‘I’ll get it,’ I proclaimed as I stood up then slid through the wooden hall whilst my socks glided quietly. I ran a little just to speed up and then I pulled open the door. It was him, Jesse. He looked as though he’d seen a ghost or something.

‘I need to speak to you, alone,’ Jesse voice trembled as I stepped out of the two story house and onto the pebbled floor whilst trying not to hurt my feet.

‘Are you okay? You look as though you could pass out any minute, what’s going on?’ I questioned nervously as I played with my pocket like it was the most enjoyable thing to do, to be honest with you at this moment it was. Jesse looked at me with red eyes and I could see a new gash on the side of his face which was throbbing. ‘Do you want me to do something to that?’ I asked as I eyed his cut then looked at him.