The Prince and I (12)

Chapter 12

Charles’s POV

I couldn’t keep still in my seat the entire journey to find Jesse’s camp. I had rung his mobile phone and Kayda answered. She said she couldn’t exactly tell me the specific place of the camp but she’d give me a rough idea. Geoffrey and Leonardo had search all over the state in search of any signs of a gay-to-straight camp. I couldn’t get over how stupid the idea was that people generally thought a camp like this would work? Being gay isn’t like having the flu; it won’t go no matter how hard you try to make it. ‘Are we there yet?’ I asked like a desperate school child whilst kicking the back of the passenger’s seat as I slid right to the end of the seats in the back of the limo.

‘Do we look like were there?’ Leonardo asked sounding irritated. It might of been because I was making the car shake with my constant kicking, or because I had asked the same question a hundred times.

‘How long? How long?’ I chanted repeatedly as I stopped kicking the seat then began tapping my feet on the floor.

‘Charles stop asking questions or else you’ll give me grey hair. I thought you were over Jesse anyway,’ Geoffrey said as he rubbed his hands over his face whilst pretending to pull his hair out.

‘I am, I just want to see him and ask him what was running through his head when he signed up for this stupid camp,’ I buzzed as I clapped my hands. ‘Can I have coffee? I want coffee. Leonardo get me coffee please!’ I yelled as I crawled back across the seat then over to Geoffrey.

‘You don’t need coffee Charles, you all ready seem over energised,’ Geoffrey admitted sound depressed.

‘But I want coffee! I’ll have a strop, Chandler is allowed coffee so why aren’t I?’ I complained as I crossed my arms and my legs.

‘What are you on about Char, Chandler isn’t even here,’ Geoffrey grumbled. ‘Now be quiet or else Leonardo will turn this limousine around and we’ll go back to the hotel.

‘No, I’ll be quiet, I promise,’ I said as I knelt on the floor and prayed to Geoffrey. Geoffrey sighed then began reading a book. ‘Are we there yet?’ I asked quietly before giggling like a little school girl who had just found out the best secret ever. Geoffrey and Leonardo both groaned loudly which only made my smile extend on my face.

                ‘When you see my face hope it gives you hell, hope it gives you hell!’ I sang loudly along with the stereo. Geoffrey had his knees tucked up to his chin and his hands covering his ears whilst he groaned loudly. Leonardo had been silent for the past half an hour. ‘Now where’s your picket fence love? And where’s that shiny car? And did it get you far?’ I sang into Geoffrey ear. He just elbowed me lightly in the stomach as I dropped backwards.

‘Charles shut the hell up, I mean seriously now!’ Geoffrey shouted as he stood up with a bend in his back seen as his head was pressed against the roof.

‘Don’t speak to me like that, I’m your father!’ I quoted. Geoffrey just rolled his eyes then went back to covering his ears. ‘And truth be told I miss you, and truth be told I’m lying,’ I continued to sing but a little quieter as I put the window down then rested my arms on the windowsill. ‘How much longer Leo?’ I asked quietly as I watched the trees fly past the window as we drove quickly down a road.

‘Not long now. Please be quiet though Char because if you lose your voice then we would have come all this way for no reason,’ Leonardo practically begged.

‘Okay then, I’ll pretend to sleep a little,’ I laughed as I fell down onto the leather seats around the limousine.