The Prince and I (4)

Chapter 4

Charles’s POV

My head was throbbing and my entire face felt like it was swelling up. Geoffrey had his arm around my waist whilst I held onto his shoulder trying to keep myself standing. I could hear Callie sobbing quietly ahead of us whilst she rushed to her car before pulling open the door so Geoffrey could help me into the back seat.

‘I think we should go to the hospital first, just to check if anything’s broken,’ Callie stammered between sobs. I didn’t even want to speak because it felt like I could hardly breathe from how bad my ribs were hurting.

‘Charles I’m going to have to ring the palace,’ Geoffrey decided as he helped me into the car.

‘No,’ I said as I breathed heavily. ‘Please don’t, mother will send everyone out and I’ll have to go home,’ I panted quickly before clutching onto my ribs because they hurt badly.

‘But Charles she is going to want to know, I’ll ask for Chandler,’ Geoffrey began as he shut the door then rushed round the car and got in himself. I nodded slightly just wanting him to shut up, his panicking voice was only adding to the throbbing pain in my head. 

Chandler, my older brother, would probably be calmer about the situation than the rest of my family anyway; he would just want constant updates on how I am. 

‘Geoffrey can you ring my mom or dad please, just so they know where we are,’ Callie asked as she started up the car whilst passing Geoffrey her bag. Geoffrey obeyed her request.

I turned to look out the window one last time; Jesse was lying on the floor motionless. I guess Geoffrey actually did some damage to him because I know for a fact that I didn't.

‘Hello Daniel, Charles got into a fight, he’s going to hospital now so can either you or Victoria come down to meet us?’ Geoffrey asked as down the phone.

‘Charles does this hurt?’ A nurse asked as she pressed onto my chest.

‘Only a little,’ I mumbled as I felt a slight stinging pain in my chest.

‘You’re going to have to remove your shirt. Excuse me sir but do you mind leaving?’ The nurse asked Geoffrey who was stood beside the door with his hands behind his back.

‘Sorry ma'am but you'll have to ask Charles,’ Geoffrey stated simply as he eyed me; a slight smirk appeared on my face as I nodded at Geoffrey.

‘Geoffrey you are dismissed,’ I murmured as I held my chest again, it hurt badly when I spoke.

‘Sorry about him,’ I apologised after I made sure Geoffrey was out of the room and the door was shut.

I could still see Geoffrey but now he was stood in front of the blinds whilst staring into the room. The nurse walked over to them and shut them quickly.

‘Don’t worry about it, over protective friends?’ the nurse questioned as she wiped the dry blood away from chest.

I nodded with a friendly smile. 'I guess you can say that,' I smiled the best I could.

‘Okay we going to get you sent off for a chest x-ray and I’ll get someone to give you a few stitches in your eyebrow, the cuts on the bridge of your nose should heal by themselves but I’ll give you a band aid for now,’ the nurse explained as she began filling in a sheet of paper. ‘Do you have any guardians with you?’

‘Yes, I have my friends father outside I think, his name is Daniel Granger,’ I told the nurse.

‘Okay I’ll be back shortly,’ the nurse replied as she walked off leaving me alone in the hospital room whilst blood trickled from my eyebrow.