The Prince and I (5)

Chapter 5

Jesse’s POV

I made my way from the cold shower to my bedroom in just a towel trying to avoid any man who would probably be exiting my mom’s bedroom.

‘Kayda get up,’ I barked as soon as I had shut the bedroom door. My 14-year-old sister was still sleeping on her mattress with a large plain duvet covering her petite body.

Almost instantly Kayda began shifting in her bed before arising and looking at me with sleepy eyes. ‘What time is it?’ Kayda grumbled as she rubbed her squinted eyes whilst trying to stop the light sending her blind.

I tossed my phone over to her so she could check the time herself as I looked around the small bedroom for my black slightly skinny jeans. When I saw them they were resting on top of a box which contained Kayda’s make up and products. I quickly picked them up along with my black boxers, and then began putting them on under the towel so Kayda wouldn’t get a flash of my arse.

‘Where is mom?’ Kayda questioned as she began pushing her duvet onto the dark, stained wooden floor.

‘With some creep from last night,’ I snickered. ‘Now hurry up and shower before her hooker wakes up and sees you, you never know what those men will do.’

‘If her hooker does anything to me I'll bitch slap him,’ Kayda laughed as she stood up before putting her light pink jacket on over her pale blue pyjamas before vanishing out the door whilst holding her underwear in her left hand.

I collapsed onto my bed before picking up Kayda’s mirror and looking at the cuts from Geoffrey, they were going pretty well to be honest. The cuts I'd made on Charles’s body had already gone; well at least I don’t have to see them when I go to his to do this stupid drama project.

‘Jesse Daniel Taylor!’ My mom’s voice beckoned down the small hallway from the lounge which was also her bedroom in our tiny apartment. I tried to blank out her voice but then she tripped through my bedroom door with some weird man stood behind her. He had a smirk plastered on his face and he kept raising his eyebrows at me. ‘Do fancy making me and this nice man a drink?’ My mom asked with a smile on her face.

‘No mom, no I don’t. Get your hooker to do it for you or do it yourself. I’m sure you know where the kitchen is and you have your huge stock of booze so piss of and do it yourself. If you can’t see I’m getting ready for school,’ I snarled as I pushed myself off the wall which I was leaning on then walked over to the two drunks stood in my door frame. I shoved my mom out of the way causing her to stumble into the arms of Mr Hooker. ‘If you touch my sister, I'll kill you,’ I snarled to the rather, dirty looking man as I shoved past the pair of them.

Once I'd got out of the view I made my way to the bathroom door, where on the other side Kayda was having a shower, and slouched in front of the it.

‘Do not speak to me like that Jesse. I’m your mother!’ my mom screamed into my face as she crouched to my level; the fact she'd made it over to me without falling was quite surprising.

‘Unfortunately,’ I muttered under my breath as I tried to block her beer breath away from me.

'How dare you?' she hissed. Before I had any time to react I felt a sharp stinging pain in the side of my face. I just shrugged it off, trying not to let the burning sensation effect me, and then looked at her. My mom’s red eyes glared at me.

‘Is that all you’ve got?’ I asked with a slight sound of annoyance. And then the pain actually hit me as my mom’s sharp, red fingernails went straight into my cheek before pulling down. I could feel my skin ripping away and then blood fell down my cheek onto the already stained carpet.