Chapter 5

"I need a break" whispered Ezra. They were walking for a long time. Maybe an hour, maybe days; he had no idea.

"Humans are so delicate" snapped the Inquisitor, but allowed the boy to sit against the wall. Ezra was breathing hard, "How old are you? Fourteen?"

"Fifteen. Why are you interested in?" asked surprised Ezra.

"Just asking," replied Pau'an. Again collapsed uncomfortable silence. Inquisitor sighed and tried to concentrate. Might be able to telepathically connect with Kallus. The action with buried output thwarted his plans.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Agent Kallus walked into his office. Execution failed, the rebels were still at large, and the Empire lost one of the best hunters of the Jedi.

There was a buzz of holo-communicator. Kallus launched resignation device. It was the Grand Moff Tarkin.

"Sir," Kallus stood at attention.

"At ease, Agent," said 'graciously' Tarkin. "At the time of this unfortunate action we suffered some losses?"

"We have lost thirty-five soldiers and one armored vehicle. In addition, the Inquisitor had gone"

"And the rebels?" Grand Moff's face was still cold, "Do they have suffered losses?"

"I do not know, sir," Kallus stuck looking at his shoes. He was glad that Tarkin is very far away.

"Go back to Lothal," growled his superior "I count with you later"

"Yes, sir," mumbled ISB agent. Suddenly he wanted bunker somewhere very far away.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

They stood on a cliff in the light of three of the nine moons. And actually she was standing, and he was kneeling holding her hand. She was wearing a long blue dress with a hood. He wore a black dress Jedi. Seemed happy.

Suddenly the scene changed. He carried her in his arms, bleeding, unconscious. Around there was fear, death and destruction. He ran to the Jedi, supporting them in the fight against pirates. He asked for help; he did not care that he will. He just wanted to save his beloved.

Then the grenade fell next to them. The explosion stunned him for a moment, but he was revived by bloodcurdling sound; scream of his bride. She was close and... was burning alive. She was howling in pain and begging for help. He wanted to help her, but someone pinned his arms and dragged him to the side. He seen as a Jedi raises his sword and pierces the body of the unfortunate women.

"NOOOOOOOO!"

Inquisitor woke up in a cold sweat. He saw the frightened boy. He held a lit flare and fish, and on his belt was metal knife of Inquisitor.

"Who gave you permission to take my property, brat?!" Pau'an snapped taking the weapon. "Why you has go away?"

"I wanted to get something to eat. Nearby is the river," said Ezra indicating fish.

"Show me it" Inquisitor took the fish to hand. It was pale, thin and had no eyes. Typical animal from cave. He sniffed it. It seems healthy. He tore it in half. One half he gave Ezra, and started meat-eating of his half of fish.

"I have one question" said young Padawan. Inquisitor give him small nod. It meant that Ezra can asking: "Who is Lena?"