Chapter 8

Inquisitor's POV

I already had some experience in the dressing of wounds. The boy did not move. I think it wasn't his first time. He had a lots of marks on his whole body; back, arms, stomach...

"What is it?" I asked, still purifying three wounds with ragged edges.

"What?" Ezra frowned. He looked at me suspiciously.

"This miracle on your hip" I touched the scars on the body of a boy. The scar was oblong and resembled lightning. In it was infection, but someone medically talented has rescued the boy, before the tragedy happened.

"A vibroknife" was the answer "I was in wrong place, in wrong time. Ordinary fight between drunks."

"I see" I said and pointed another one, on the right blade bone "And what's that? Lasershot?"

"Yeah" he snapped "Sometimes troopers can good shooting"

"Just sometimes" I laughed. Ezra also started chuckling. "And now, seriously. How long have you lived in the streets?"

"Eight years," Ezra stopped smiling, "I've had to stealing, and working with the gangs. And then also run away from them"

"You've lied to them?" I dug topic. His past could be useful.

"And I've left. I preferred to work alone"

"And now? What with the rebels?"

"I will not fall for it" he narrowed his eyes angrily, "I will not tell you anything about them"

"Your loyalty is impressive," I smiled mockingly, "Good, I'm not going to ask. For the time being"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"So Ezra has went missing," said Fulcrum "It's interesting"

"Why?" Hera raised an eyebrow. For her, this situation was appalling.

"Just recently, my informant from the Empire's ranks has gave me the maps of these caves" Hera's informant replied, "Your lucky day, I can say. Soon I'll send them to you"

"Thank you, Fulcrum" Twi'lek smiled, "But who is this informant from the ranks of the Empire?"

"I'm afraid I can not tell you now," was the answer, "He insisted on it"

"I understand," sighed Hera. But she was still curious. When the plans was on the Chopper's hard drive, Hera called on the rest of the team. They already knew what to look for.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

They had to swap roles. Ezra lost too much blood and he couldn't walk for his own, so the Inquisitor had to carry him. The boy fell into a deep sleep. That's good. He needed it.

During walking, the Inquisitor was thinking. He opened himself up before the enemy. He betrayed his secret. He has became weak. But it is always so. He attached to people. He took responsibility for the failure of Kallus and the rest. Helped injured boy. All thanks bloody Jedi's training.

Finally he saw the light of day. They were on good way. But the joy didn't last long. Someone was waiting for him. And this someone was really upset.