Chapter 9

Ghost landed before other enter to cave. Everyone had a pocket-sized holomap of tunnels and loaded gun. They planned to split on little teams and, in this way, find Ezra.

"You know the plan?" asked Kanan.

"Sure" replied Zeb, crossing his arms on his chest.

"We see Ezra; we report it to others" said Sabine. She wanted her young crewmate back home as soon as possible. Like everyone.

Suddenly, Lasat's feline eyes saw a figure coming out of the darkness. It was tall.

"Look!" he shouted pointing to the newcomer.

"Oh God," Hera gasped, when she saw who it was.

It was the Inquisitor. And he kept unconscious Ezra.

"Shit," hissed Pau'an, equally surprised as Rebels.

"Let him go!" roared Kanan pulling a lightsaber out.

"If you want him" he growled pulling something from rear part of his belt "Come and take him"

It was lightsaber with green blade. Handle and blade were well-fitting to Inquisitor's height. He held it in Shien style (Form V; Ahsoka uses it).

"We have preponderance in numbers" growled Garazeb.

"And I have your precious boy" Inquisitor's moved closer to Ezra's neck "What do you think?"

"Deadlock" Kanan muttered. Pau'an smirked.

Suddenly the steel cord wrapped around his wrist, which painfully twisted his arm. The lightsaber has gone down. Inquisitor hissed with pain and looked at Sabine. She has used cord.

He took out his metal knife. It was pathetic. Knife vs Guns. But he had an ace up his sleeve. More specifically, a small gun.

Laser hit foot of the Jedi. Another ones hit in the Zeb's shoulder, Sabine's hip and Hera's lekku.

Using the confusion, the Inquisitor escaped. Kanan started shooting at him, but Hera calmed him.

"Leave him alone," she said, "Ezra is with us, that's what counts"

"Hera's right; Let's get out from here," said Zeb. The crew of the Ghost came on the ship and quick flew away.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The capital city of Lothal

Agent Kallus greeted Inquisitor on landing. Pau'an lost weight and looked paler than usual. His suit had just one sleeve. On his cheek was a big bruise and on his chin was dried blood.

"Welcome, Inquisitor Thanos," said the human, saluting "It's good to see you again, sir"

"It's reciprocated, agent. Miss Tua has told you my name?" Inquisitor said. Kallus nodded, "It was matter of time. Well. What I miss?"

"We will have a guest," was the answer, "It's Grand Moff Tarkin"

"Shit"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ezra's POV

A week has passed since the rescue operation. In the cave I spent the entire three days. I didn't tell Kanan and the rest about Inquisitor's past. I doubt that they'd believe in it.

Yesterday I found in the pocket of my suit a strange string with beads. Kanan told me that is a Padawan's braid for representatives of hairless races.

Funny, but it remind me about one, important thing.

"Kanan" I asked, "Was the Jedi killing a people?"

"Why do you ask?" my Master looked at me suspiciously, "Inquisitor has told you?"

"It's not important what he has told me," I snapped, "I want to know the truth, Kanan. Whole truth"

There was a long silence. Kanan stared intently at the floor.

"Jedi have killed, it's true," he said finally, "In defense of the weak. In self-defense. Sometimes also because there was no other way out. I'm not proud of it, I assure you"

"I believe you" I said, "Kanan, I'm not sure if I want to continue training. I have to think about a few things..."

"I understand, Ezra," my master put his hands on my shoulders, "I respect your decision. Tell me when you will ready"

"Of course" I said and added when Kanan left "IF I will ready"