Chapter 6

Agent Kallus reported to the office of miss minister Tua. At the sight of him, the woman was glad. She kissed him on the lips.

"By the gods, I was worried that..." Tua's voice broken. "...That rebels have did something to You"

"Calm down, dear" Kallus smiled "I'm all right. Until Tarkin arrives here"

"He knows?" the Minister paled, "You have to run! Even if Rakhesh's dead, Tarkin find another killing machine for himself!"

"First: Don't be afraid. I can take care about myself. And second: Who is Rakhesh?" Kallus raised an eyebrow; he did not know anyone with that name.

"Well... Inquisitor," she explained, "Inquisitor's name is Rakhesh Thanos"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Who is Lena?" Ezra asked, looking at the companion. Inquisitor was silent. He looked his jackboots.

"How do you...?" Pau'an drawled trembling with suppressed anger. His long fingers tightened on the boy's shoulder.

"You talk in your sleep," said the young padawan.

"Ah yes," Pau'an said, taking his hand away "Lena is... was... my fiancee. She is the reason why I hunt for Jedi" Ezra was silent, so Inquisitor continued story: "They have killed her. With cold blood!"

When he shouted a few stones, next to him, collided with each other.

"That's impossible," Ezra said hard, but he was scared by the explosion of anger. Inquisitor had less control over himself than it seemed. "Jedi can't kill"

"Your master has told you that?" Inquisitor snorted mocking laugh, "And you've believed him? Jedi are the same Killers as I am. It's just that I don't hide this. Already not"

He took out from a pocket of his tunic something what looked like a cigarette. He gritted his teeth at one end and lit second. To Ezra's nostrils got the sweet smell of tobacco.

"I used to be like you," Inquisitor smiled at his memories "Trustful. Full of hope and faith in what the Jedi told me. And when I met Lena, they found a way to get rid of both of us. They let her body began to burn. And when her screams bored them, they pierced her with lightsaber. On my eyes. Then they abandoned me. Alone among the dead; I don't wish it to anyone. Maybe I've deserve for it. But Lena... Her only offense was love for foolish Padawan-idealist"

"But..." Ezra bit his lip and shouted, "Even if what You say is true, then you've just changed some killers on the others! Empire deprives people of everything: home, life, family...!" he felt the tears on her cheeks. Tears of anger, "You're just a scum and a hypocrite!"

Inquisitor began to laugh. The laughter sounded like a dog's barking. It was mocking and mischievous.

"My dear boy," amused Pau'an shook his head, "That was the plan"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I leave you with this ambiguous answer, guys. I plan to write something about the Inquisitor and Lena.