Ch. 12: Troubling News

*11am*

(I woke up and looked at the clock on the nightstand. Then I looked over at Ian and saw he was sitting on the edge of the bed, hunched over. I got up and went over to him and wrapped my arms around him)

"What's wrong?" I asked.

(He was staring at his phone)

"My dad called. He wants us to come to his gathering and wants to meet you" Ian said.

(I unwrapped my arms from around him and sat next to him and held his hand)

"Is that a good thing or bad thing?" I asked.

"I don't know, he was never interested in my personal life, it was always my mom's job to keep me in line," Ian said.

"When does he want to meet?" I asked.

(Ian ran his hand through his hair looking stressed)

"In about two hours, I'm going to go to the gym. I'll be back in an hour," Ian said.

(I nodded and kissed him, then he kissed my forehead and got up and dressed)

"Oh almost forgot, here is a cell phone just in case anything happens. My number and Alex's number are in there" Ian said.

(He handed it to me and kissed me again then left. I got up and put on one of his shirts then went downstairs and made me something to eat and called Alex)

"Hey, Alex this Jess can you come over?" I asked.

"Oh, um sure, I'll be there in a little bit" Alex said.

(I ate half of a sandwich and watched tv until Alex came over)

*20mins later*

*Knock, Knock*

(I opened the door and let in Alex)

"So what's up, everything ok?" Alex asked.

"Yes, I think" I said.

(We went and sat in the living room)

"What did he do now?" Alex asked.

"Nothing, he didn't do anything, he's actually been really amazing, the somewhat problem is his dad wants to meet me today at a gathering" I said.

"Oh, wow, well good luck" Alex said.

"Why did you say it like that?" I asked.

"Well, you met his mom and that went down hill how different do you think meeting his dad would be?'' Alex said.

"I don't know, he told me his dad never really was in his personal life" I said.

"Jess, think about why that is, I'm fairly sure his dad never approved of him so of course he won't approve of anyone he dates" Alex.

(I hit him with one of the pillows on the couch)

"You're not helping," I said.

"Hey, do you want the truth or not, why do you even want his dad to like you, his parents are bad people so why even care just fake smile through it and it'll be over before you know it" Alex said.

"I don't know I just do, come on you have to help me pick out something to wear" I said. 

"Not happening," Alex said.

(I got up and pulled on his arm but he didn't budge)

"Come on, you’re the only friend I have please help me," I said.