🧚Prince!Josuke 4 (Thumbelina) x Reader🧚 Part 1

♡♤♧◇~For the lovely SundropDandelion! Thank you for requesting!
I hope you enjoy it!~♡♤♧◇

Once upon a time, in a small country of Morioh, lived a single mother by the name of Tomoko Higashikata. She lived in a small village with her father and her only son. Her son's name was Josuke, but one day, on his eighth birthday, he fell under a mysterious illness. Though they were poor, none of their village doctors could solve the mysterious illness of Josuke. However, it wasn't until he was about to knock on death's door when a mysterious man arrived in front of the baby.

"Who are you!?" Cried Tomoko.

"I've come here to offer your child another chance at life. He won't survive unless you can do exactly what I say," the man offered.

"If it means that my son can live and smile for another day, then it's worth it!"

Tomoko was on the edge of tears. Her breathing was hysterical, whatever this man wanted from her, she would do it in a heart beat. The man pulled out a single seed and placed it within her hands.

"Take this seed and plant it in a small pot, enough to hold a single flower. Once you've planted it, you must water it with your tears for the first full moon then starve it for every full moon and tell it about your son. Tell it what it should know about him, his likes, dislikes, what kind of games does he like to play. Then after that, make sure your son talks to the plant every day. When you do, this plant will give your son eternal happiness. However, under no circumstances should your son ever see or talk to the plant under the full moon. For if he does, he will never feel anything again. And you will wish that death took your only child," he warned. "For this will be the norm until he turns sixteen."

He disappeared in the same moment that he appeared, never to be seen or found in the village again. The only recognizable thing about the man was his pompadour. No one knew anyone who would wear such a ridiculous hairstyle! All except for Josuke at the very least, feeling bad that he never got to meet the hero who saved his life.

Tomoko did exactly what the man said and by the next morning, Josuke was better than he had ever been before! He could run faster, jump higher, and even had a better taste of life, living it to the fullest!

However, Tomoko was still weary about the plant. Why would the man give her such a plant for her son? What did he have to gain from giving a peasant woman a tiny flower? What even compelled him to help them at their hour of need? Trying to be a good samaritan? He must be! Though she never showed it, she feared the plant that holds her son's life in balance more than anything. And so she made a plan, she would let the plant live until someone could lift this curse off her son.

Josuke's POV
"Good Morning Y/N!" I yawned as I got up from bed.

My f/c balloon flower shook their head in a positive manner.