🐞Giorno Giovanna (Sleeping Beauty) x Reader🐞 Part 1

Once upon a time, there lived two kings named Bruno and Abbachio. While their kingdom loved their two kings very much, the two of them were unhappy as they both wanted a child. They have tried many surrogates, but they all failed to give birth to their future prince or princess. If there was an orphan in their kingdom, the two of them would adopt in a heart beat, but unfortunately all the children in their kingdom had loving mothers and fathers. Both of them would never dare take away a child that wouldn't get the same affection as they would from their parents, biological or not.

"Hey, don't cry dear," comforted King Abbachio. "Bruno, don't look so down, I'm sure we'll get a child. Maybe we can try another surrogate or-"

"Don't! Please, just don't. I don't want any more false hope. I-I just need a moment alone in my garden, dear," said King Bruno as he walked away from his beloved husband.

As he entered the maze, outside of the castle, he entered his little paradise. In here, there was nothing but tranquility and peace in his little garden. Though no one could solve the maze except for Bruno, he made this place his own paradise from the struggles of royalty and prying eyes. And the occasional break from his loving, but stubborn husband. He tended to his moonflowers, his favorite flower that he kept a secret from his whole garden. He treated all his flowers as if they were his own children. Children that he would never hold in his arms.

Children who would never run up to him and call him Daddy. Or Papà, he'd prefer; Abbachio was his Daddy. (Sorry, I'm a slut for Team BruAbba). Children that would smile at him and fill him with warmth. Though, if he squinted at his precious flowers, they almost looked like they smiled to him. "If only one of you would be able to walk, maybe even talk to me. All I wanted was a child that I could call my own. If only one of you could hold my hand," Bruno said to himself. "Who know, maybe you'll like being my child. I'd let you be loved everyday for the rest of my life if that's what it took to have one of you walk and talk like a real child."

"Wahhh!" Screamed a voice.

Bruno stood up, thinking that he was hearing things. "Wahhh!" Cried the voice again.

Bruno's POV
It's real, a real cry.

I picked up my cape and I began to run towards the sound. Running left, right, around in circles it felt like. The voice was calling to me like a siren and I couldn't leave it alone.

"Wahhh! Wahhh!" Cried the voice.

It was practically becoming louder as I ran closer towards it.

Please, please be okay until I get there.

As I thought I found the crying voice, I suddenly became aware of my surroundings. I definitely wasn't in the maze any more, but rather a quiet forest. "Wahhh! Wahhh! Wahhh!" Cried the voice, now knowing that I was close. I quietly tiptoed, and found a bunch of leaves where the voice was coming from. As I brushed them off, there it was, a crying baby. A real life, human baby with short black hair, fair skin, and turquoise eyes.

My fingers trembled, wishing, praying that this wasn't a dream. That this child was real. That mine and Abbachio's prayers have been answered. As my fingers brushed up against the crying baby's cheek, it stopped crying. It's eyes blinked and started to smile at me and raised its two arms, wanting me to hold it again. I scooped up the baby and held it to my chest. When I didn't realize it, I somehow walked back to my garden, not knowing how I ended up in the forest in the first place. My eyes and mind were only on baby.

As I walked back into the castle, I squeezed the happy baby in my arms as I entered my bedroom. "Shh! We need to be quiet for daddy. We're going to surprise him," I whispered to the tiny baby.