6. Bad Decisions

An hour into the party and I found myself sitting on an old couch alone, sipping on the nasty mix of alcohol and soda in my cup. House parties weren't my thing. Being around a bunch of drunk horny teenagers made me feel insecure.

I looked around the room, scanning for anything of interest. Ash and Larry were dancing around with a group of others to the blaring rock music, very clearly drunk out of their minds.
A couple was aggressively making out in the hallway to my left. I scrunched my nose in disgust. How do people kiss like that in front of everyone? Aren't those meant for special private moments? I don't understand.

Caught up in my own thoughts, I didn't even notice the body that sat down next to me until it spoke.
"Hey there cutie~"
I turned my head, finding myself very close to a boy I have never seen before. He ran his fingers through his dirty blonde hair, and gave me a smirk.
He was probably very popular with girls, just judging by his appearance. He had a strong jawline, perfect cheekbones, and deep brown eyes, that he used to scan over my body. Ugh now I'm even more uncomfortable.

"My names Jason" he gave a wink. I turned away and sipped my drink, hoping he would catch that I wasn't interested. "I don't think I've seen you around, which is a damn shame, gorgeous" okay he definitely did not.
In fact, he leaned closer. I could smell beer on his breath.

I looked around the place again, frantically looking for an escape out of this. Just as he placed his hand on my thigh, I caught a glimpse of familiar blue hair, bobbing around the kitchen. Perfect.

I shot upright, disregarding Jason's advances, and made my way to the kitchen. I pushed through the crowd and finally got a clear view of Sal, who was emptying and clearing abandoned beer cans and solo cups scattered on the counters.
He finally noticed my presence when I started helping clean up.

"You don't have to do that" he said, clearly confused by my actions. "Neither do you" I responded, stopping to look at him fully. His hair was pulled back into a ponytail, with his bangs still hanging over his mask. He looked nice.
"Is it alright if I hang over here with you for a bit?" I asked, glancing back over to the couch. Jason wasn't there anymore.

"Sure, but it's not as fun over here" he breathed out a light laugh. I raised an eyebrow.

"Why do you say that?" I questioned, leaning on the counter. He did the same.

"I don't drink and stuff, so..." he trailed off, looking at the ceiling.

"I don't see the correlation" I laughed, taking another swig of my drink. "Alcohol isn't a requirement to have a good time".

He looked back at me for a moment. I swirled my cup around waiting for his response.

"You really are different...than I expected" he muttered, going back to cleaning the kitchen. I felt my cheeks flush.
I opened my mouth to say something else, when I felt a strong grip on my shoulder.

I turned around to face who touched me, my eyes landing on a much drunker looking Jason.

"Hey baby, you kind of left me hanging back there," he played with a lock of my hair, then tucked it behind my ear. I shuddered in disgust.
I could feel Sals eyes burning into the back of my head. Why must stupid shit always happen when he's near me?!

I slapped his hand away from my face, to his surprise. "Maybe you didn't get the hint, dickwad. I'm. Not. Interested." I snarled, stepping back to where I was before I was rudely interrupted. "Now fuck off and find someone else to bother".