9. Pining

I made my way to the door, grabbing my hoodie off the floor and tossing it onto the couch.

I swung the front door open, and met Sals worried eyes, which he immediately averted once he saw I was in a revealing tank top again. I could almost swear his ears were as red as my face felt.

"H-hey, Sally." I sighed and gestured for him to come in. I closed and locked the door behind him. "Do you want something to drink?"

He shook his head, and waved for me to come sit with him on the couch. I awkwardly obliged, and shuffled my way over. We sat, and Sal let out a long sigh.

"Am I in trouble?" I asked, partially joking. He laughed softly in response.

"No, you're not in trouble, (Y/N)." I pulled my knees up to my chest and hugged them tight.

"What did you wanna talk about?" I muttered quietly, pushing my nose into my sweats. He turned his body to face me.

"Are you doing okay? You seemed out of it today." His eyes felt intense as he scanned my facial expressions. I shrugged.

"I'm just tired, no big deal." I twirled a strand of my hair between my fingers, clearly avoiding eye contact.

He sighed and scooted closer, putting a pale hand on my back. "I don't believe you." He rubbed a small circle between my bare shoulder blades, making me shiver.

I don't believe myself either.

"I'm fine, Sal. Really." I gave my best smile, but it faltered as pain shot down my leg. I hissed and tried to stretch the muscles, but it wasn't doing much.
"Let me help, (Y/N)." Sal sounded very worried, and clearly wanted to do something for my pain.

"C-can you get m-my pain meds? They're in t-the bathroom." I tripped over my words as hot pain made my vision swirl. Sal hopped up and quickly made it to the bathroom, but I didn't hear him open the medicine cabinet right away.

Oh shit.

I forgot about the fucking box cutter!

I gnawed on my bottom lip as I waited for him, the pain was now just an after thought. I silently prayed for him to miss it. I couldn't bare the thought of Sal being mad at me.

He came out of the bathroom slowly, and crept over to me. I couldn't read his expression in his eyes. He set the pill bottle down on the coffee table, which I greedily pried open. I threw two pills in my mouth, swallowing them dry.

He then silently set the box cutter in front of me, and sat down. So much for him not seeing it. I shut my eyes and rubbed my temples.

"What we're you doing when I called?" He practically whispered, turning his head to face me. I let out a defeated sigh and gestured to the box cutter.

"Your call interrupted me," I rubbed my scarred cheek, avoiding his gaze. "I didn't get to...you know." I reached out to pick it up, but he quickly snatched it before I could.

"I'm keeping this." He put it in his hoodie pocket and sighed. "I'm no stranger to self harm, (Y/N)." My eyes darted up to his, which were filled with sadness.

Him saying that wasn't a shock, but it did send a new twinge of pain in my stomach. "I'm sorry." I murmured, looking down at my hands.

"You don't need to apologize, (Y/N). Let me help you find a better way to get these urges out." He nudged my shoulder and stood, making his way to the kitchen.

A better way? What was he planning?

I watched from the couch as his slim figure walked to the fridge. This is not the time to check him out but...he has a really nice butt.