20. Eye of The Storm

*Sals POV*

I'm not a confrontational person, and I hate violence for violence's sake; but there's something exciting about Travis finally getting his shit kicked in after years of dealing with his bullshit.

(Y/N) seems to be a cocked gun ready to fire at the drop of a dime, and I can't help but find that exhilarating.

We walked rather quickly down the main hall towards the exits, which felt like miles away.
She leaned on me slightly, silently asking for support off her leg.

"You doing okay?" I wiped her damp forehead with my sleeve. She hummed, her mind elsewhere. "Just hurts a little bit to walk so fast."

She has an unreadable expression, brow furrowed and her eyes where locked forward.

I sighed, reaching forward to push the front doors open, but was stopped when a large hand gripped my shoulder.

"(Y/N). My office. Now." The principal gritted his teeth. My grip on her tightened.

"It's okay Sally," she pried herself out of my grasp. "Go back to class, okay?"

"Yes, Mr fisher. Go back to class." The principal crossed his arms, waiting for me to walk away. I gave (Y/N) one last look of concern, before turning on my heel and reluctantly leaving.

Once I left their line of sight I whipped my phone out, texting both Larry and Ash. There was no way I could go back to class now.

We all met up in the parking lot, which I had been pacing until Larry popped his head out from around the corner, followed by Ash soon after.

"Damn. She's kinda badass." Larry laughed as I told him and Ash about everything. I kicked a rock off the sidewalk. "But is she doing okay? Like, she seems...unhinged."

He's right. She's acting unpredictably. "I—I don't know how to help her." I spoke no louder than a whisper. Ash put her hand on my shoulder, offering a warm smile.

"I know everything will be okay, SallyFace. Shes stronger than this."

*(Y/N)s POV*

"Sit." He pointed to the chair in front of his desk as he shut the door. I sunk into the hard cushion and watched as he ungracefully did the same, finishing off his clearly stressed image lighting up a loose cigarette pulled from his shirt pocket.

No words were spoken as I watched him take a long drag. He looked very tired.

"It's time we have a chat about Travis." he leaned forward, running a hand over his balding scalp.

I narrowed my eyes. I have a feeling this is not going to go in any direction I expect.

"I know he started this—" he waved his hand at my bloody knuckles. "And I know he started the first fight."

He put his hand up at my shocked expression, silently telling me to let him explain. "He's been a headache for everyone, not just you."

"I know that already." I rolled my eyes, slumping down further into my seat.

"Did you know his fathers head of the church?"
I nodded, not bothering to mention I just learned that right before assaulting Travis.

"That church—his fathers church is what keeps this school running." He took another drag before continuing. "The church donates a large sum of money to the school every year; money that pays the teachers, keeps the heat on, all those good things."

"The last time we tried to punish Travis, his father threatened to stop donating money to us."

I laughed humorlessly. This can't be real. "So you punish his victims instead?"

"You need to understand the position I'm in here."

"You need to understand that this is the shittiest excuse I've ever heard." I stood up, ready to leave him in his self pity.

"I won't punish you for this, but it just needs to seem like I did." He pointed back at the chair. "just...sit back down please."

The sun shined brightly as I walked outside, despite the storm toiling inside my mind. I let a slow sigh leave my lungs before turning my face up to the blue sky—as if to look god in the eyes, before screaming.

Hot tears streamed down my cheeks by the time my lungs were empty. My legs gave out underneath me like jelly, but I couldn't even register landing on the ground.

I didn't look up when I heard footsteps from the parking lot, nor when my name was called, and arms were wrapped around me.

"(Y/N) what happened!?" Larry's voice floated through the ringing in my ears. "Are you hurt?"

I don't know how to respond to that. I am hurt, but I can't feel it. It's far away.

"Let's get you in the car, okay?" Sal carried such softness in his tone, as if speaking might cause me to crumble to dust, and maybe I might.

Time passes faster than I can process, and next thing I know I'm laying on sals shoulder in the backseat of Larry's car. The only sound between the four of us was our collective breathing.

Larry carried my bag for me as we all walked into the apartment building and went down the elevator. Ash helped me bandage my cut up knuckles in Larry's room.

"Ow." I hissed as she patted the area clean.

"Did that really hurt?" She asked with a laugh, rolling her eyes when I shook my head no. "Thought so." She placed one final bandage around my ring finger. "All done!"

I wiggled my fingers. "Thanks Ash." She gave me a big smile as she stood up to join Sal and Larry on the bed. I followed suit, finding a spot in the space between her and sal.

"Hows the hands?" Sal asked, nudging my shoulder gently.

"Still attached." I waved one as if to prove it. "A little sore."

Sal laughed, taking one of my hands to examine Ash's handiwork. I could sense relief in his laugh.

"So what was the verdict?" Larry asked, leaning forward. Ash seconded him, but Sal just silently leaned closer to me.

"I'm suspended...for the rest of this month."

I bit my lip waiting for everyone's reaction, but there was only stunned silence.

"I fully expected you to be expelled if I'm honest," Larry shrugged, leaning back on the headboard. "So this is good news."

"Yeah, well it's more complicated than that." I tugged at my hair, glancing between everyone.

"How much more complicated can it be?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Not only is this chapter wayyyy overdue, it also short and it sucks
I hated writing it lmao almost decided to stop writing this story because of it
Not proofread (I couldn't fathom reading it again)