15- Past Life

Tap Tap Tap

The black duvet embraced the night sky with its width and length, all-too-familiar tear drops soaking the already wet surface of the still land, houses and trees encased in such gloominess that was brought over to the town by none other than the storm.

But this was not the case for you who were drenched from head to toe, not caring about cold weather or your health.

You were leaning against the railing on the balcony, enjoying the beautiful night view—little drizzle here and there— all while listening to a beautiful melody.

You lifted your palm to feel the soft drops of rain, as they touched your palm before sliding and falling off from the edges. You faced towards the sky with your eyes closed to welcome the raindrops when they caressed your features and soon glided down your neck.

"It is so refreshing," you claimed, voice soft as ever —almost a whisper— letting your friend know about your love for rainfall. Your favourite weather had visited your town and you could not be more grateful. 

Your love for rain could never be described through words, so many memories were buried deep inside these dark clouds and all the while they were kept hidden.

Not anymore though because every precious memory with your family was falling to you with these water droplets.

Jungkook was quietly watching you, fascinated by this very big smile on your face while leaning against the door frame of your balcony away from the rain. 

It would not be a lie if he said that this would be the first time he saw you that cheerful, your face reflected real joy —could not be compared to the smile he saw on your face with Taehyung—  just because of rain. 

The beauty of nature could comfort the scarred, warm the coldest and cheer up the saddest; it was the magic of nature.

However, Jungkook had not taken you as a person who took refuge in the rainfall, instead, he would most likely see you as everyone else; enemies of rain.

But contrary to what he had predicted, you considered rain as the love of your life.

You were full of surprises and he loved that about you so much, "You should come inside now. It's been a while, you will catch a cold." As much as he loved watching you happy, your health was more important.

"I don't want to leave yet." Droplets of rain soaked your shirt causing it to stick to your body like skin but you did not mind. You watched from the corner of your eyes how Jungkook shook his head, obviously done with you.

You smiled at his silence, letting you do whatever you want, as your gaze travelled across the town. It was sparkling as if it was a moon shining above the sea, this beautiful sight left you in awe.

Every green in your range of sight was twinkling like the stars around the moon, you wondered how magnificent the view could have been if it was daytime but the night view had its charm after all.

The little tapping sound produced by the drops of rain was giving you inner peace, the breeze was kissing your cheeks softly.

You wanted to close your eyes, spread your arms, do the Titanic parody and just feel the freshness of the atmosphere.

Just as you were about to close your eyelids, your sight caught a figure you did not expect.

Your gaze wandered around before it stopped, your mind panicking. What is he doing here?

You looked back to where you saw him only to find an empty street. You swore you saw the reaper there behind a tree, but now there was no one.

You clicked your tongue not liking how you were being followed. You were not stupid, you could sense someone's eyes on you since this morning in the school, in the cafe and now that someone had reached your house too.