1-Begin

The annoying sound of your alarm woke you up from your deep slumber. You blinked your eyes a few times before rubbing them. Shaking your head you sat up on the bed, grabbing your alarm clock. 6:30 a.m., the beginning of another awful day. Great.

You sighed, forcing yourself to prepare for school. You were in your senior year so you just had to bear the bullying for a little bit more. Yes, you were bullied in school. They called you names such as an ugly monkey. Like seriously aren't we all monkeys according to Darwin? Why the hell did they just call me by that name? Your mind drifted off to the lecture your teacher gave your class about human evolution.

All in all, your daily life was boring. Going to school, getting bullied and hit, working in a cafe, and then coming back home late at night. This was your fantastic life. Amazing, right?

Sighing for the nth time, you entered your bathroom only to be met with a ghost. And no, it was not your reflection in the mirror. It was a real ghost. A soul that was right in front of you, staring right at you.

You turned your head towards another direction and made your way to the sink. Seriously, looking at your reflection in the mirror after waking up was far scarier than those ugly ghosts. You were used to seeing them appearing before you so you were not afraid of them anymore or it was just them doing an awful job of scaring humans.

"You can see me, right?" They were talking with you in a human tone, forgetting that they were supposed to be ghosts. They could not accept the reality that they were dead and no longer humans. Call you heartless but it was the reality after all.

You ignored her and brushed your teeth. "Yah! I am talking to you. I know you can see me and hear me." Paying no heed to her conclusions, you washed your face. "Yah!! Aren't you scared of me?" That ghost kept provoking you to speak but you were professional in ignoring them.

You have to work hard, kid. You smirked at the thought and walked towards the toilet.

"Aish, you are such a dirty human." And at last, the ghost disappeared.

"Using the toilet is a sin too, now. Gosh, these ghosts get on my nerves sometimes as if they're pure and clean. They don't shower at all." After you were done with your business, you took a shower and wore your uniform.

After making yourself a decent breakfast which only included a sandwich and coffee, you walked out of the apartment not before locking it. You put on your earphones and played 'Beautiful'. You loved this song. It reminded you of your beautiful memories with your family. Even though you were only four when you got separated from your family, the memories you held of them were still vivid.

Your parents died in an accident. You were involved too but the doctors could only save you. Since then, you had begun to see souls. You were a child back then so you thought of them as humans but your grandmother noticed it. You recalled that one day when you were only six, she had asked you about them and hearing your answer she was sure that you could see souls.

She was the only family you had so she told you about every type of soul but made sure not to scare you off. Time by time you got used to seeing these creatures. And three years ago, your grandma left you too, leaving you alone when you were only 16. You moved back to Seoul from the village where you had lived with your grandma, for studies. You came back to the place where your parents rested.

________