19- Not A Coincidence

By the time you closed down the cafe to head home after a long shift yet again, you had already abandoned the real world and drifted into the invincible realm of thoughts; the world of countless complicated thoughts

You had never expected the events to turn out this way, that instead of easing and untangling the knots, they seemed to be more jumbled than before.

When you had first met Jungkook, and the series of events had not ceased to occur, you should have had seen it coming. However, not even a fortune-teller would prepare you for the harsh slap of fate.

All of the pieces to the puzzle were scattered around, some even hidden from your sight. Nothing seemed to fit in, which was the reason behind your disturbed state.

Uncountable questions with no answers roamed and raced around your head like a determined hamster, and yet you were well aware that only one hint would solve all the mysteries in a fraction of a second.

The information you found in the Internet cafe had not sunk in completely yet. He can't be, you thought as you gazed at Jungkook who silently walked by your side.

He can't be his son. If he is, then why does it say that Jungkook is currently studying overseas when he is right here beside me?

But the photo, the name, the birth year —which you had calculated given his age,— matched too well to be a mere coincidence. It was undeniable that you had drowned yourself in denial.

Don't be stupid, just accept it already. He is Jeon Jungkook, the son of Jeon Kyungwon.

If that was the case, then what about the overseas studies part? Was it fake? Or was it true? And how would you even help Jungkook to rest in peace when you did not even know the whole truth?

Before you could even lose yourself more in your thoughts, the wandering soul beside you held your arm, preventing you from walking any further.

You looked up to find him glaring daggers at someone. Following his line of vision, you met a pale reaper blocking your path, standing just a couple of meters ahead, in front of your apartment's door.

It did not even surprise you that he knew which block you lived in, what floor and what apartment number. After all, he had done his superb job in stalking you all around the town. But you indeed hit the roof at his actions and shameless audacity.

In your fury, you forgot that he could suffocate you to death, and you did find yourself gasping for air when you were just an inch away from jumping him and sending him to hell.

This time it hit harder than before due to his proximity. You felt as if you were spending your last moments on earth, your eyes rolling back and soon black dots started appearing. The invisible force around your delicate neck choked you harsher as if someone had tied a tight rope.

The burning sensation in your lungs prevented your senses to detect the concerned and panicked voice of Jungkook as well as the chanting words of Suga in the background as if casting a spell.