17- Let them go for their happiness

You had never thought that offering something was hard.

Yes, you had in mind that you would simply offer and everything would turn out how you wanted. But no, things had to be difficult, especially with your ever-so-low confidence.

You cursed at yourself, where was the confidence you had when you were barking at Jieun last night?

You glared at Jungkook who was leaning against the wall built on the left side of your bed as it was placed in the middle of your room, sending him a message quietly through your eyes.

Talk to her.

You talk to her, it is your house, not mine.

Dumbhead, you are closer to her.

It would mean more if you offer her because once again, it is your house.

The strange yet aggressive telepathy with Jungkook was not gone unnoticed by Jieun who had enough of the tension between you two.

The room had suddenly gone quiet with a heavy tension dancing in the air. It was then that Jieun looked up to witness you and Jungkook having intense eye contact.

It left her in pure confusion at first as she thought you were having childish fights with him but when it did not stop, she could not help but voice out her confusion.

"What's wrong?" Jieun's confused stare switched from you to Jungkook and back to you. Your lips formed an instant tight-lipped smile, your cheeks lifting as you did so, your eyes squinting a little -- one of your habits when you were lying.

"Nothing," you uttered in the most fake sweet voice you could muster, not wanting her to doubt anything. Jungkook snickered at your attempt to lie, he had lived with you enough to know and understand every little action of yours. "Nothing important."

Jieun blinked a few times as she registered your words. She wanted to nod and be understanding towards your closed nature —obviously, she knew you were hiding something which was not something she should be bothered about. After all, she was not the one to meddle in other's business and was a stranger to you on top of that.

She understood your every reason but before she could voice it out, Jungkook interrupted, "She is lying." You slightly widened your eyes at him, quietly signalling him to shut his mouth but not paying any heed to it, he directed his words to Jieun, "Noona, she wants to talk to you."

"About what?" Jieun managed to inquire after a few seconds of silence —just after her mind had processed every piece of information and organised her thoughts.

The pair of soft cushions were parted to speak out the words of truth but then, Jungkook forced them to meet before any sound could break free. He was not the owner of those words, someone else was; someone who was reluctant to own them.

Through the never-ending telepathy, he sent his message over to you and silently encouraged you, and it worked when you nodded your head. A sudden wave of bravery hit you like a roaring train, a long exhale followed by a shake of your head.

I can do this!

Why am I being so dramatic?

I just have to convince her to stay with me.

It's not a big deal.

Gathering all of the energy and courage left in your body, with an ever so confident tone which surprised you too, you found yourself forming the sentence you were so nervous about before, "Jieun-ssi, would you like to stay with us in this apartment? Till you find peace?"