Of what's to come

So many thoughts ran through y/n head. Was she ready ? Was it too soon? Or even the thought if she was even good enough for him.

She shook her head internally. All she knew was that he was perfect for her. That's all the reason she needed to say these next words.

"Yes."

His heart could finally be at ease. Or so he thought, he felt even more ecstatic. He was getting married to the women he loved.

He took her hand, and with his other he placed the ring on her finger. He stood up no longer feeling the pain in his ankle. He brought her chin to have her eyes look at him. He leaned in and kissed her lips.

She could feel her body lift itself into his kiss, it was almost like she was floating.

"Kakashi, I can't imagine not spending the rest of my life with you. I hope I can live up to being the woman of your dreams."

"You already are y/n"

He embraced her. Wanting to never let go of her. He wanted to remember this night the way she looked and everything else his senses could take in.

They soon stopped holding each other.

"Well i guess we can enjoy this champagne now"

(y/n) poured two glasses and handed one to kakashi. They clinked their glasses together. They smiled as they sat side by side at the cliffside watching the sunset on this perfect day.

" hey kakashi, what would have happened if i would have said no?"

He smirked

" I would have just left you here up in the mountains."

He took a sip from his glass, she nudged him with her shoulder almost causing him to choke on the red liquid.

" Ha-Ha very funny, it was a serious question."

"Well were you thinking about saying no?"

He tightened his grip on the glass hoping not to hear the answer he was thinking of.

"What! Of course not!... I was thinking if I was even worth being your wife."

He frowned, setting down the glass next to him.he grabbed her hand and held in both of his.

" how can you think that way (y/n), no one has made me this happy the way you have made me. I thought someone like me was doomed to never love, yet your whole existence has proved me otherwise. That alone makes you more than worthy of being my wife."

She smiled and leaned on his shoulder. She felt like he was her whole world. Which made her scared but at the same time it gave her pure ecstasy.

"We should head back down before it gets too dark"

Kakashi rose to his feet and lent his hand for (y/n) to take, which she did.as they cleaned up the mess around them and disposed of it properly at the base at the mountain they began walking back to the hotel. The lanterns were lit up in the town and the aroma of food wafted through the air. A growl from (y/n) stomach  reminded her that they were not able to eat the food that the racoons had stolen.

" how about we stop by this place and have a celebratory meal?"  Kakashi pulled her into a restaurant that was close to the hotel.

As they sat at the table a waitress came and took their drink orders.

" What kind of wedding do you want, kakashi?"

"A small one with just family and friends."

That sounds great... I hope you're okay with it just being your family and friends. I don't have any family or distant relatives, and as for friends, I have been so busy with the bookstore. The only friend i had was Kabi- i mean kabuto.

There was a small silence between the two. It was broken by the waitress who brought their drinks.

"What would you both like to order?"

Kakashi spoke

" we will take two bowls of miso ramen please."

She nodded and went back to place the order.

"Don't worry (y/n) im sure my friends can become yours as well. That is what marriage is, what is mine is now ours.

She smiled

" that's good to hear, do you think they will like me?"

" i'm sure they will love you."

As they were talking about many of Kakashi's friends the food was brought out and they began to eat their meal.  They eventually made it back to the hotel. With their bellies full and their body tired from the hike. They slept in each other's embrace. Dreaming of what's to come.