Surprise

Chapter 16

As (y/n) finished some last minute packing, she heard the front door open then close. She grabbed a near by object which happen to be  a 400 page book.  She peaked around the door and looked at the entrance she saw nothing.

" Kakashi.. Is that you?"

She gripped the spin of the book tiegter prepared to use it.

" yes hun it's me, i'm in the kitchen"

She heard kakashi voice from her kitchen , she released a sigh she didn't know she was holding.she threw the book onto her bed making a slight thud on the mattres. 

" oh good , I just finished packing."

She made her way to her living room which was across from the kitchen where kakashi stood making some sort of dish/

"have you ate yet? " kakashi asked.

(Y/N) winced as she shook her head no, hoping kakashi would not get mad. But he did not he simply gave her a knowing look and continued to make breakfast for them both.

They both ate at the kitchen bar. After they both finished (y/n) decided to wash the dishes even if she didn't feel like doing them at that moment, but if kakashi cooked it was only fair for her to clean.
Kakashi brought her bag from her room and set it down next to his things.

"Are you ready?" he asked

She wiped her hands on the dish rag she had.

"Yup im ready, but where are we going?"

"We are going to itsah" he smiled gently at her

She looked puzzled

"Itsah? Ive never heard of there"

Maybe it because it's 'ah' surprise"
(y/n) just realized kakashi's joke and  lightly slapped him on the shoulder.

"Oh come on kakashi, please tell me" she pleaded

But to no avail kakashi was set on surprising her. He himself never really liked surprises, but he loved giving them. He grabbed both their bags and walked out the door and (y/n) followed. He turned around and locked the door. They both began to walk to the train station. Kakashi was more willing to walk to their destination, but he didn't want to have (y/n) push herself is she  wasn't feeling up for it.  As they walked through the town to the station. Kakashi and (y/n) decided to talk about the recent events that (y/n) was too sad to keep up on.

"I sure did miss a lot of things huh?" she looked down feeling bad that she missed out on so much.

" its okay, you have me to keep you updated. Wherever you are slacking i'll be there to keep you up"  he petted her head and gave her a warm masked smile.

She smiled right back at him. They eventually made it to the station and board the train storring the luggage above them.

She sat down at the window and looked out, kakashi sat across from her. He looked at her and she looked right back at him.

" the land of Hot Water huh?  She spoke up smirking

Kakshi was surprised how did she know. His eyes showed his emotion because  (y/n) answered his thought.

" i saw the trains schedule as we were coming in"

she began to laugh as Kakashi felt defeated. So much for a surprise he thought.

" This is nice kakashi. I could go for a hot bath right about now."

The train began to move and they both began to read separate books, kakashi even peaked up from his to see how she was doing he noticed how intently she was reading, she always looked pretty no matter what she was doing. After a while he put his book down on his lap and asked her something he probably shouldn't.

"(y/n).... What was Anto like?"

She stopped reading but didn't take her eyes off the book, she felt a bit sadden and kakashi regretted asking.
He was about to retort his question but she began to speak before he could.

" he was outspoken, he always had something to say, and sometimes wouldn't shut up"

She laughed

" when we were kids he would always get into trouble and never thought before speaking."

Kakashi smiled and felt reminded of a certain knucklehead ninja from his younger days.

" He wanted to be a ninja but his father wanted him to stay and take over the bookstore. But he was so determined on his dream. I decided to take over, as his wife. You see i loved Anto, he was my best friend, but i was not in love with him. We never had any children and its not like we didnt try, who else was gonna take over the business?  But he realized that my heart was not with him, he told me he was the same, his heart was set on being a  great ninja."

(y/n) face grew heavy.

" i loved Anto a lot, to be honest just as much as i loved kabuto. Anto was a dreamer and I wasn't, but I still wanted to help him soar. He was my friend. We tried to make our marriage as beautiful as it could get, and it was but it didn't feel real. When he died i felt broken, i lost my best friend and my hero. He gave me a purpose , that purpose being books." 

Kakashi seemed shocked, a fake marriage. It wasn't unheard of but her of all people, she deserved love, his regret was he didnt give it to her sooner. He reached for her hand and held it in his own . He squeezed lightly, she smiled back at him.

" Kakashi, losing both Anto and Kabuto and even worse betrayed by kabuto. I feel empty, but when I'm with you, i  feel overfilled. It scares me to think what if i lost you like how i lost them."

Kakashi spoke,

"I hope to be worthy of your love. As long as you let me, i will never leave your side"

(y/n) smiled. And squeezed his hand back. The train came to a stop and it was time for them to get off.  They grabbed their belongings and headed outside of the train. They began to walk to their resort and as this was (y/n) first time being in the land of hot water she was enjoying the scenery as much as she could. They eventually reached the front desk and kakashi asked for the key to his reservation he had made a week prior. They received a key each and before they made their way to the room (y/n) snagged a brocheer and began to read as Kakashi was leading them both to their room.  As kakashi was about to open the door (y/n) read
' enjoy our mixed gender hot spring'  in the brochure.
(y/n) eyes went wide and before she could say something to kakashi , he ushered her into the room and she noticed there was only one bed. She had come to the realization she would have to share a bath and a bed with Kakashi. This caused (y/n) to instantly faint at how hot her face grew. This was a big surprise she was not expecting. Hence why it's a surprise

(A/N .. umm hi, soo like. Sorry for being lazy. But if you guys private message me or even comment to me for me to update, that helps me feel more motivated to update. I love all your messages i read every single one. Im glad you all love the story, as I really enjoy writing it. )